Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Lost City Of Z - James Gray (2016)

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/the-lost-city-of-z-2017/large_large_ik3ebv7J18fs6cHkmu91oxz7EGt.jpg

Would make an excellent companion piece to Mountains Of The Moon.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/mountains-of-the-moon-1990

Very well made and acted meditation on a mapping mission in Bolivia that becomes an obsession of sorts.

I thought it was very good but anyone expecting an adventure yarn should move along.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Dunkirk.  For the second time :)

Just saw Dunkirk today in 70mm. I will go see just about anything if it's presented in 70mm, but Dunkirk would have been quite good in any format. Would like to see it again in 15/70 IMAX, as I understand that the framing is significantly different due to IMAX's near-square aspect ratio. 

tobacco%2Broad%2B3.jpg

OK, so it's a John Ford film, so there are some nice scene compositions in this movie.  On the other hand, the script and the performances really are awfully, terribly, horribly dated and offensive.  Even Jed Clampett and his kin would look down upon these folks and their durn fool shenanigans and mutter, "Pitiful, piiiiiiiitiful!".  Gene Tierney is utterly wasted in this film. 

6 hours ago, duaneiac said:

tobacco%2Broad%2B3.jpg

OK, so it's a John Ford film, so there are some nice scene compositions in this movie.  On the other hand, the script and the performances really are awfully, terribly, horribly dated and offensive.  Even Jed Clampett and his kin would look down upon these folks and their durn fool shenanigans and mutter, "Pitiful, piiiiiiiitiful!".  Gene Tierney is utterly wasted in this film. 

yup.

A film you sure hope isn't the first exposure a movie fan has to John Ford, or classic cinema....for some reason, it's on youtube...prove us wrong and tell us that it's the best film you have ever seen! ;)

On 7/25/2017 at 8:26 PM, Brad said:

Dunkirk.  For the second time :)

I hear it's not all that violent....which makes me more likely to see it....

Edited by BERIGAN
info...you can watch on youtube