Return Of The Film Corner Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/29/2022 at 6:19 AM, medjuck said:

"Louis Armstrong's Black and Blues".  No new information for most people on this site, but some great performance footage and interviews that I've never seen/heard before. 

Watched it last night and enjoyed it, especially footage, comments (his and others') on Louis Armstrong's last years. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a restored print of The Lost Boys.  While some of the special effects are only so-so and the "vampire rules" aren't internally consistent, it was still pretty entertaining.  Made me pretty nostalgic for the 80s...

Going to check out Glass Onion over the weekend, and then probably White Noise the following week (and yes it is based on the DeLillo novel).  TIFF is going to screen it for one week.

MV5BMDdmYjc3Y2EtM2FjYS00NGI2LTliZjgtYmQx

I liked Glass Onion a fair bit, in fact better than Knives Out (as I thought one of the twists in that one was silly and uncovering it would rely on knowledge that Craig's character really wouldn't have known).

Maybe I mostly liked it because it was a fairly savage critique of today's tech billionaires, specifically Zuckerberg and Musk, who are venerated by millions at a level that grossly exceeds their actual talents.  

I do think it is unfortunate it won't be in theatres for long.  Basically just one week, then on to Netflix.  Same deal with White Noise, but I have secured my ticket for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 6:20 AM, ejp626 said:

Just saw a restored print of The Lost Boys.  While some of the special effects are only so-so and the "vampire rules" aren't internally consistent, it was still pretty entertaining.  Made me pretty nostalgic for the 80s...

Going to check out Glass Onion over the weekend, and then probably White Noise the following week (and yes it is based on the DeLillo novel).  TIFF is going to screen it for one week.

MV5BMDdmYjc3Y2EtM2FjYS00NGI2LTliZjgtYmQx

Lost Boys is the shit. Probably the most enduring vampire movie of the 80s. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...