Grex (Duo) "Overture" Tour, Summer 2016

Hey folks-

I'm emerging from a period of relative inactivity out here to share some wild news: my art rock project Grex is touring the American West Coast for the entirety of June. I've (happily) met and encountered some of you at Grex jaunts in the past. This one is a little different--for the first time in something like five years, we're touring with the duo iteration of the band. We've expanded our arsenal from keys and guitar to a pretty strange multi-percussion setup--it's a "two man band" in the vein of Skeleton Crew, and we're excited to be tapping into that tradition of hybridized songs, psychedelic filigree, noise, and free jazz.

More information here: http://www.grexsounds.com

The dates:

June 4, Joshua Tree, CA, 7pm at Beatnik Lounge (w/Ahead Change & Hive Minds)
June 5, Long Beach, CA, 9pm at Que Sera (w/Celik Brothers & DJ Dank Steak)
June 6, Los Angeles, CA, 8pm at The Mint (w/featuring Joe Berardi, w/Beyond Rare & The HiGrounds)
June 8, Los Angeles, CA, 10pm at Hyperion Tavern
June 9, San Diego, CA, 9pm at The Merrow (w/Nexus 4000 & Whelmer)
June 10, Pasadena, CA, 8pm at Battery Books (featuring Dan Clucas)
June 11, Long Beach, CA, 8pm at Rebel Bite (w/Nathanael and Frankie)
June 14, Eugene, OR, 9pm at Old Nicks (w/Mood Area 52)
June 16, Portland, OR, 9:30pm at Kenton Club (w/Alto!, Noah Bernstein)
June 17, Seattle, WA, 7:30pm at Good Shepherd Center (Wayward Music Series w/Citizens Band)
June 18, Portland, OR, 8:30pm  at Turn Turn Turn (w/Toyboat Toyboat Toyboat, Bubble Cats)
June 20, Seattle, WA, 7:30pm at The Royal Room (part of Father Daughter)
June 23, Quincy, CA, at Main Street Sports Bar
June 24, Sacramento, CA, at Gold Lion Arts (part of Gold Lion Festival)
June 25, Berkeley, CA, 9pm, at The Starry Plough (w/3 Leafs, Dire Wolves)

I'm especially excited to be playing with a couple of remarkable guests: ace journeyman Joe Berardi on percussion (6/6) and the remarkable LA trumpeter Dan Clucas (6/10).

Also of possible (particular) interest to Organissimo people: we're sharing the bill with some of Seattle's best young improvisers at the longstanding Wayward Music Series (6/17), and with a murderers' row of creative musicians in Sacramento (6/24--featuring the great Stuart Liebig, bassist on Julius Hemphill's Georgia Blue).

Lastly, a couple of samples: the first (Stump F***ers) is from the band's first run as a duo, the second (Mango Mango) from our current book. We can't wait to share this bizarre new version of the band with everyone.