SOLD Jackie McLean - BLUESNIK BST-84067 LP

Dmitry

SOLD Jackie McLean - BLUESNIK BST-84067, mid-1970s pressing, blue label with white B. VAN GELDER STEREO stamp on both sides of dead-wax, indicating that the record was pressed from an original BN pre-1966 stamper, retained by the new label owners, first the Liberty Records, then the United Artists. Record VG+, plays nice and clean. Cover VG+, small cut lower corner. Cleaned with a record cleaning machine, in new poly sleeve. $25 post paid.

Edited by Dmitry

19 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Bet it sounds nice ! :tup

Yes, it does. I compared it to the Music Matters 45 RPM edition, and while not as refined at the top end of the 45RPM, this one is definitely no slouch. Considering my price is a fraction of the 45rpm..

Boy, that 45RPM business is a pita. Getting up every 7 or 8 minutes to changes sides, I'm not sure I like it...

3 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Boy, that 45RPM business is a pita. Getting up every 7 or 8 minutes to changes sides, I'm not sure I like it...

I hate it too and it's why I boycott all of them. It's a terrible trend in the audiophile world. On top of that, I picked up most of the Music Matters 33 rpm Blue Note discs and they sound phenomenal so all the talk about the sonic benefits of 45 rpm went out the window. It was really just a way for the sellers to double their profit.

Yeah, I have a few of the MM 45rpms, still sealed. it was an impulse buy a few years ago, when they first came out. I know I won't lose money if I decide to sell them. Definitely not my idea of fun listening, even though they sound very good. I can't verify one way or the other that 33rpms are on par with 45rpms. Frankly I just wish they released the whole thing on cd or sacd instead. Packaging of the MM vinyl is phenomenal though.

On 11.1.2017 at 5:29 PM, JSngry said:

otoh, if you can find any REAL Blue Note 45s, carpe diem and have some fun tonight!

I did find a scant handful real BN 45s at fleamarkets years ago. Inevitably someone had had some fun with them before, though. ;)

So whenever I decide to have some fun with them these days ol'man Pop'n'Crackle will always join in the party and have his say too. :D

On 1/11/2017 at 4:04 AM, Dmitry said:

I'm sure I DON'T like it, and agree 100% with Kevin that it is a very disappointing trend. The MM 33s are great, really like it that they introduced this series and wish it was going to be as extensive as the 45 series was. On the other hand, Mobile Fidelity seems to have moved from 33 to 45 with their Miles Davis reissues, and as a consequence, I quit buying them. The 45s are unnecessarily expensive and inconvenient, a wrongheaded trend IMO and one that I hope draws to a close soon!