Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I really like Perdomo's music -- but I've not heard that one.  What do you think kinuta? (Or others?)

I'm not good at expounding on music but if you liked The Infancia Project, an earlier album on Criss Cross, I think you'll like this one too.

Plenty of fire and drive but with melodic underpinnings to keep it real.

6 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Magnificent!

6 hours ago, paul secor said:

51K45AM3NZL.jpg

Sizzling the Blues - Recorded in New Orleans 1927 - 1929 (Frog)

When my wife retires and we move to the other side of the country in 8 - 9 years, I'm paring down to a few hundred LPs and the same number of CDs . This will be one I keep until I die.

Edited by jeffcrom

1 hour ago, jeffcrom said:

When my wife retires and we move to the other side of the country in 8 - 9 years, I'm paring down to a few hundren LPs and the same number of CDs . This will be one I keep until I die.

That's a heckuva recommendation, Jeff. I have it among the CDs I plan on hanging on to. I hope to narrow my collection down to manageable numbers slowly but surely.

1 hour ago, paul secor said:

That's a heckuva recommendation, Jeff. I have it among the CDs I plan on hanging on to. I hope to narrow my collection down to manageable numbers slowly but surely.

I grasped the nettle and transferred most, not all, of my collection to external hard discs some years ago.

I'm a bit of a hoarder by nature and couldn't bring myself to do any ' paring' so HDD was the obvious way to go.

I haven't regretted it and now have ten HDD , the latest two are 3TB which gives me plenty of leeway.

I play them through a gizmo called a Link Station which converts a USB input into both audio and HDMI output.

Converting my 5000 odd cds to WAV was a huge job  but worth the effort and no more rummaging through boxes stashed here there and everywhere.

1 hour ago, alankin said:

Tom Harrell – Upswing (Chesky Records)
— With Joe Lovano, Phil Woods, Danilo Perez, Peter Washington, Bill Goodwin; Harrell originals plus Ornette's "Blues Connotation"

51%2BNtrmTwHL.jpg

Do like Harrell's writing here and the arrangements are excellent ....

John Hollenbeck / Daniel Yvinec & Orchestre National De Jazz – Shut Up and Dance - CD 1 (Bee Jazz)

MI0003689218.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Personnel:
Pierre Perchaud - a-guitar/e-guitar, banjo; Joce Mienniel - flute, bass flute, piccolo; Eve Risser - flute, piano, prepared piano; Antonin Tri-Hoang - clar/ bass cl, alto sax, piano; Rémi Dumoulin - clar/bass cl, tenor sax; Matthieu Metzger - alto/sop/midi sax; Guillaume Poncelet - tpt, flugelhorn, keyboards; Vincent Lafont - piano, keyboards, electronics; Sylvain Daniel - electric bass; Yoann Serra - drums; John Hollenbeck - composition; Daniel Yvinec - artistic director