• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

41YS4W1XZTL.jpg

love this, you've heard the even more intense alt take of the title tune right?  groove meets outward bound and they dance!

7 hours ago, soulpope said:

R-1326681-1375609321-4722.jpeg.jpg

How is this?  I've never heard any Dewey that even got near what he did live....

Edited by danasgoodstuff

3 hours ago, danasgoodstuff said:

love this, you've heard the even more intense alt take of the title tune right?  groove meets outward bound and they dance!

How is this?  I've never heard any Dewey that even got near what he did live....

Probably the best Dewey Redman date beside/past his "Old And New Drean" recordings ....

Having never attempted a serious exploration of Bowie's early work based on initial exposure to a bit of distasteful late 80s/early 90s dross (pun intended, I suppose), the first 3 era oriented box sets - sporadic sound issues aside - have proven an explosive revelation.  That 13-year run from s/t through ScaryMonsters is a protean feat of unrivaled artistic creativity and sustained excellence to my admittedly limited musical exposure.

Current persona fixation:  The Thin White Duke

Station_to_Station_cover.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, Misterioso said:

Brotzmann - Munster Bern (cubus)

PhotoPictureResizer_180307_180824137-768x768.jpg

Just listened to this again. During my previous listening session, the first track reminded me of something but I could not really name it. Now I have got it: the prayers I heard from a minaret close to my hotel in Istanbul many years ago. I would rank this CD among Brotzmann's finest in recent years. He makes excellent use of the church acoustics. The room is really the second player on this CD. Somehow, I am very attracted to solo saxophone recordings. This one and Braxton's Solo (Victoriaville) 2017 are among my favorites. 

11 hours ago, optatio said:

32047121mo.gif!

The Dave Holland ‘Overtime’ for my money is one of the greatest big band recordings of the last 20 years. I have given it repeated well earned re-spins over the past few days. Sounds to me to have been influenced a bit by ‘Windmill Tilter’ in the layered sound - a huge triumph all round.

Edited by sidewinder