• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Brad said:

Are these downloads only?

The music is the same as in the Dexter Mosaic Select set -- but these Capitol sets are downloads only.  That said, I'm sure that you could track down the music in CD form if you wanted to. IIRC, it was also released on 3 Blue Note CDs before being compiled in the Mosaic Select set.  And of course there was the original 2-LP set.

MI0001565723.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

9 hours ago, HutchFan said:

The music is the same as in the Dexter Mosaic Select set -- but these Capitol sets are downloads only.  That said, I'm sure that you could track down the music in CD form if you wanted to. IIRC, it was also released on 3 Blue Note CDs before being compiled in the Mosaic Select set.  And of course there was the original 2-LP set.

MI0001565723.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Thanks.  I just realized (says he sheepishly) that I have the Select. 

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

dougla_dezr_souljazz~_101b.jpg

Is it?

I don't think so; I just listened to some of the clips on Amazon.  I also found this from Dusty Groove:

Dezron Douglas — Soul Jazz (180 gram pressing) ... LP 52.99

Bassist Dezron Douglas is always a name we look for on a record – and although this set is one of the few he's ever given us as a leader, his playing and approach never let us down! For the set, Douglas revisits a number of older soul tracks, but in a way that's completely instrumental – much more complicated than the 60s soul jazz modes you might expect from title, with a wonderfully changing sense of rhythm and flow that's abetted by work from Donald Brown on piano and Willie Jones III on drums – both working at a level that matches their own great records as leaders. Saxophonist Jimmy Greene blows both tenor and soprano sax on the album – adding an important voice over the top – and titles include "Hey There Lonely Girl", "I Want You", "Tears Of A Clown", "Cupid", "Ooh Baby Baby", "Having A Party", and "So Amazing".  © 1996-2018, Dusty Groove, Inc.