So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

I listened to the Hank Mobley "Thinking of Home" release within the new Mosaic box set of his later Blue Note albums.

I have always liked this album. It definitely works as a concept of "saudade" or missing home, and there are some great grooves to this album. Walton, Diehl, Bass and Williams really work well together.  Eddie Diehl really delivers some excellent solos!

Followed by
Eliane Elias "Man of Mancha" on Concord cd.
ElianeElias-800x800.jpg
Wow. All the elements of this work very well--concept and compositions, arrangements, performances and the recording and production.

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jazzjam_500_500_90.jpg

I know, for many folks here, the combination of Wynton Marsalis + Christmas music = :bad:.  Haters of both will find much to hate here.  However, to look on the bright side, this CD does not include a version of "The Little Drummer Boy"!  Otherwise, it's the usual gang (Wycliffe Gordon, Victor Goines, Wessell Anderson, Herlin Riley, etc.) going through the usual motions.

Image result for nicholas payton relaxin with nick

Great double live cd.  Really like this.

3 hours ago, duaneiac said:

jazzjam_500_500_90.jpg

I know, for many folks here, the combination of Wynton Marsalis + Christmas music = :bad:.  Haters of both will find much to hate here.  However, to look on the bright side, this CD does not include a version of "The Little Drummer Boy"!  Otherwise, it's the usual gang (Wycliffe Gordon, Victor Goines, Wessell Anderson, Herlin Riley, etc.) going through the usual motions.