• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Here´s also Big Band live at Stuttgart listening:

Stan Kenton the Stuttgart Experience, live 1972. I would not have found this CD, but my wife picked it up for me as a Chrismas present last year. Though I have so many CDs she always manages to find something I still don´t have.

Really great live date with an incredible arrangement of "Love Story" and Kenton evergreens like "Peanuts Vendor", "Artistry in Rhythm", "Intermission Riff".....

Download.jpg

Ahh you got me. I am a  big Kenton fan myself except the Mellophonium period.  From that Stuttgart event I have the following broadcasts from the former radio Stuttgart  on reel and cassette tapesin the collection beside about 30 ore more tapes with Kenton  but havent digitized the material yet. Could you list the tracks on that CD so I can compare them with material ..... and thanks for that Information.

Do you know the website from Terry Vosbein "All things Kenton"? Was in touch with hin some years ago when he started to build up this project and supplied a lot of Kenton material from my Down Beats.

Greeting from the Rhine river

W.

Kenton,Stan    RB S2    1972/01/17         120    Stuttgart        Vax/Worster/Davis # 0762
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart     
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart (I)        Torres,Richard
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart (II)       Maiden,Willie

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

R-1553984-1549035336-4213.jpeg.jpg

Hat man natürlich auf den Regalen

;-]]

W.

16 hours ago, HutchFan said:

What do you think of this one, optatio???

I love Pieranunzi -- but I've never heard that particular record.  

I´ve read this review by Werner Stiefele

https://www.rondomagazin.de/kritiken.php?kritiken_id=3551 

and was fascinated hearing the CD.

Here the translation of this review:

„Jazzfans know that Weather Report founder Wayne Shorter is a brilliant saxophonist. Strangely enough, the fact that he is also an excellent composer is not one of the platitudes of the scene. Fascinating topics such as "E.S.P." and "Nefertiti," which became title tracks on the Miles Davis Quintet's albums. The Italian pianist Enrico Pieranunzi transforms them in a trio with the bassist Hein Van de Geyn and the drummer Hans van Oosterhout into chamber music gems. The three of them sound out the issues calmly and deliberately. In "Nefertiti" they transfer the wind parts with nuanced chisel to the right hand of the pianist or in bass solos. becomes a slightly less heated, yet seething trio piece with a piano focus. The "Wildflower" seems to sway in the wind, the floating "Teru" seduces you to dream and "Pinocchio" dances and jumps out of the instruments with great joy. Wayne Shorter's complex pieces can only be adequately transferred to a trio if everyone makes their contribution to the ensemble sound imaginatively and if their playing is equally open and self-confident. That is exactly the case. The Enrico Pieranunzi Trio elicits its own, attractive facets from the eleven titles.“

10 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

Ahh you got me. I am a  big Kenton fan myself except the Mellophonium period.  From that Stuttgart event I have the following broadcasts from the former radio Stuttgart  on reel and cassette tapesin the collection beside about 30 ore more tapes with Kenton  but havent digitized the material yet. Could you list the tracks on that CD so I can compare them with material ..... and thanks for that Information.

Do you know the website from Terry Vosbein "All things Kenton"? Was in touch with hin some years ago when he started to build up this project and supplied a lot of Kenton material from my Down Beats.

Greeting from the Rhine river

W.

Kenton,Stan    RB S2    1972/01/17         120    Stuttgart        Vax/Worster/Davis # 0762
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart     
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart (I)        Torres,Richard
Kenton,Stan    RB SDR    1972/01/17    7"(2)         Stuttgart (II)       Maiden,Willie

Hat man natürlich auf den Regalen

;-]]

W.

Among the tunes they played in Stuttgart 1972 are "Love Story", "Peanuts Vendor", "Malaga", Intermission Riff, "Artistry in Rhythm" etc. 

Greetings from the Danube River