So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

1979 or early 80 was the first time I saw Blakey as well, I think. Recollections are hazy but Bill Hardman might have been on trumpet but Watson and Schnitter were there. They played quite a bit from ‘Gypsy Folk Tales’.

We had this group in concert at our jazzclub in Koblenz (Germany) also in October 1979.

Here are some fotos (flashlight not allowed) and my draft for a private CD-R from the original recording on the spot

40003674xz.jpg

40003675up.jpg

40003649wt.jpg

40003648fu.jpg

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jazzcorner said:

We had this group in concert at our jazzclub in Koblenz (Germany) also in October 1979.

Here are some fotos (flashlight not allowed) and my draft for a private CD-R from the original recording on the spot

40003674xz.jpg

40003675up.jpg

40003649wt.jpg

40003648fu.jpg

Great, it was a Wonderful time then. Dennis Irwin wrote in german ! 

Edited by Gheorghe

3 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

40003674xz.jpg

40003675up.jpg

40003649wt.jpg

40003648fu.jpg

Wait a minute, which came first, Blakey in coveralls or (almost) the rest of the band? Did they put them on as a goof on their boss? I have never seen a photo of that era of the band wearing that "fashion" choice.

4 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

40003674xz.jpg

40003675up.jpg

Why did Blakey sign twice? That's odd. :)

I would have loved to have seen that band. I missed seeing Blakey by about 2 months. I had just started getting into Jazz when I noticed he had just played what turned out to be his last gig in Boston a few weeks earlier.

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Wait a minute, which came first, Blakey in coveralls or (almost) the rest of the band? Did they put them on as a goof on their boss? I have never seen a photo of that era of the band wearing that "fashion" choice.

No overalls as I can remember. I have a foto with Art but without flashlight his face vanished in the "dark" so I didnt post it.

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Why did Blakey sign twice? That's odd.

My member  admission card was folded in the middle so he didnt see the first side when I asked. When Williams had signed  he grabbed it and did sign again. Nice man!

;-]]