• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im listening to harry connick on the '36 philco doint the up to the houstop click click click christmas song but  listen to me now its reached the point im correcting lincoln center i hate to make stink stink in their holy holy hall, but they are like fletcher henderson, heres the album and posted the electroniclly re-channeled for stereo decca and i was like no no lincoln center this is the lp.  i mean come on, i already have one, i hope people exploring his stuff get the right one--if they are paying their webmedia $$$$$$ to do that stuff why dont they do it correctly, if i know it other pepple know it too.  shaking my head

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

51JTWG4MEEL.jpg

Michael White - The Land of Spirit and Light (Impulse, 1973)

I didn't include this record in my 70s jazz survey.  It didn't make much of an impact on me when I first got it a few years ago.

But a lightbulb went on recently.  Now, I wish I would've included it.  Oh well.  Maybe there'll be a spot for it in the 2nd edition. :P  

Edited by HutchFan

29 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

51JTWG4MEEL.jpg

Michael White - The Land of Spirit and Light (Impulse, 1973)

I didn't include this record in my 70s jazz survey.  It didn't make much of an impact on me when I first got it a few years ago.

But a lightbulb went on recently.  Now, I wish I would've included it.  Oh well.  Maybe there'll be a spot for it in the 2nd edition. :P  

Very fond of this. Bought it relatively recently, didn't expect much but it made a big impression.

2 hours ago, soulpope said:

Powell.png

Yeah, those Mythic Sound 10 CDs. I like especially the second half of that album, that tracks made in NY in autumn 64 with John Ore and J.C. Moses. And it´s probably the only time Bud played "Bemsha Swing". In some discography I read that actually on Bemsha Denzil Best (the co-composer of that song together with Monk) is on drums.

16 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

77734.jpg

A wonderful album