So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

2 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Jazzhattan Suite by the Jazz Interactions Orchestra, composed and arranged by Oliver Nelson (Verve, stereo).

My copy includes a hype sticker reading "music conducted by Joe Newman."  Good thing they added that:  I might not have spent the dollar on this record without knowing that Joe Newman contributed his expertise to the session.  

Nelson played on Newman"s live record on Mercury and was a frequent Nelson sideman in the NYC days, do that definitely sounds like some business reciprocity money hands being played!

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-2450154-1551277672-1913.jpeg.jpg

Helmut Sachse - Hannes Zerbe

streaming this one via youtube... a split LP that was recorded in the first month of my life... it's a logical week for exploring more of this Easter stuff as we're approaching the 60th anniversary of the Berlin wall on Friday

R-2472179-1467699129-7959.jpeg.jpg

Hannes Zerbe - Blech Band

"Blech" is for "brass"... an album that proves that the spirits of Eissler, Weill and Ayler were alive and well in early-80s Eastern Germany... 16 horns (including 3 tubas) plus rhythm featuring international guest Willem Breuker... my copy came with a promo poster and an additional document in (poor) English and French, all provided by the government institution that was in charge of organizing the international tours of the country's artists...

40 minutes ago, Niko said:

R-2472179-1467699129-7959.jpeg.jpg

Hannes Zerbe - Blech Band

"Blech" is for "brass"... an album that proves that the spirits of Eissler, Weill and Ayler were alive and well in early-80s Eastern Germany... 16 horns (including 3 tubas) plus rhythm featuring international guest Willem Breuker... my copy came with a promo poster and an additional document in (poor) English and French, all provided by the government institution that was in charge of organizing the international tours of the country's artists...

Great cover.