Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I went on a Nelson Prestige binge a few years ago, both as player and arranger. There's some discographical wonkiness to put it all together, but I got it done.

Even if you don't want to go the OCD route on it like I did, there's riches to be had. I'd encourage a healthy curiosity in this regard!

This thread kinda rambles, but I think most (all?) of the material gets covered eventually.

Interesting. Will review post work.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I went on a Nelson Prestige binge a few years ago, both as player and arranger. There's some discographical wonkiness to put it all together, but I got it done.

Even if you don't want to go the OCD route on it like I did, there's riches to be had. I'd encourage a healthy curiosity in this regard!

This thread kinda rambles, but I think most (all?) of the material gets covered eventually.

Thanks for re-sharing this thread, Jim.  I somehow missed it the first time.

NP:

R-4042288-1353311878-6726.jpeg.jpg

3 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

More recruits. We'll have a whole jazz police squadron soon.

Pianist Tee Carson, who served as accompanist for Ella Fitzgerald and subbed for Count Basie in the big band, was a U.S. Marshal.

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

This morning's session so far:

R-1570873-1475879223-1445.jpeg.jpg

First Herbie Man.  Now this.  I never want to see a jazz musician's nipples ever again!

Bill Evans "Evans in England" Resonance 2 cd set, disc 2

bill-evans.jpg?fit=610%2C610&ssl=1

I really like what Marty Morell brought to the Trio so I decided to listen to this one. Very enjoyable playing, sound is not as good as the Elemental but decent.

Edited by jazzbo

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

Music, incredible; cover, badass. 

20 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

First Herbie Man.  Now this.  I never want to see a jazz musician's nipples ever again!

:lol: I guess this cover is a love/hate thing...regardless,:tup the music is spectacular. 

16 minutes ago, Peter Friedman said:

41FbRc4fnAL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Might - just might  - be my favorite of Green's Blue Notes. His only trio session, at least for BN, correct? (well, sans B3)

Edited by Dub Modal

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

I can take or leave most of that record, but Jaws must have dropped in just long enough to do the obbligatos on "Ode To Billy Joe" and AFAIC, that justifies the rest of the record, totally!

Sounds like I like the record more than you -- but I agree 100% re: Jaws' playing on "Ode to Billie Joe."  It's something!  :tup 

NP:

R-6686559-1470504956-6907.jpeg.jpg

Disc 2