• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listening to several tracks from the wonderful recording sessions that produced the tribute to Frank Kimbrough simply titled "KIMBROUGH". You could call it a "digital LP" from Newvelle Records, a company that only did vinyl up to that point (they now offer downloads - due to COVID maybe?).

a2861961660_16.jpg

Currently on track 18, "Helix", with Joe Lovano, Donny McCaslin, Ben Monder, John Hébert and Clarence Penn. Hard to define this track. It's like a lament on steroids. You should be able to play it here: https://newvellerecords.bandcamp.com/album/kimbrough What's weird is that there are piano sounds here, so it's either Frank dubbed in or someone is playing it without getting credited.

13 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

Cover art Barry Elmes

Elmes, drums, with Kevin Turcotte, trumpet; Mike Murley, tenor; Ed Bickert, guitar; Steve Wallace, bass.

A fine working band which travelled across Canada several times in the 90's. Glad I caught them live.  

I think I saw them but can’t recall where. I did see Elmes doing a Saturday afternoon impromptu outdoor solo spot on Yonge Street though. Might have been near the Eaton Center.

Edited by sidewinder