• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

They're terrific.

I went bananas for J&R this year, bought about a dozen of their albums.  And I've enjoyed every single one. ;) 

Yes, I've become quite a fan. I used to think "the earlier the better" but some of their latest ones are killer!

17 minutes ago, soulpope said:

One of this master`s finest hours ....

Yes!  Lacy at his best!

6 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, I've become quite a fan. I used to think "the earlier the better" but some of their latest ones are killer!

I've come to the same conclusion.  They were remarkably consistent from beginning to end.

MTEtMzc3Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

https://www.discogs.com/release/22878194-Scott-Hamilton-Paolo-Birro-Aldo-Zunino-Alfred-Kramer-Live-At-Museo-Piaggio

Nice, but not overwhelming. Perfect if you like natural club sound. Hamilton sounds nice, contrary to when I saw him live around the time this was recorded, when he seemed tired and uninspired.

8 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

From the UK (cassette edition) remastered to CD by John Loeffler

44721308hu.jpg

44721309kk.jpg

44721306zl.jpg

Some years ago I met a member of this orchestra who told me that they were originally called the Shades of Kenton Orchestra, but had to abandon mention of Kenton following threat of legal action by the great man's widow. (I can't vouch for the truth of his story.)😙

13 minutes ago, BillF said:

Re: The Shades Jazz Orchestra

Some years ago I met a member of this orchestra who told me that they were originally called the Shades of Kenton Orchestra, but had to abandon mention of Kenton following threat of legal action by the great man's widow. (I can't vouch for the truth of his story.)😙

Have read similar Informations in the same context with a band Mike Vax' was and still is  leading which has also to changed the bands name somewhat  but has still Kentons name as part in it --->  "The Stan Kenton Alumni Band".