Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

I like this album very much. Tony Fruscella was a trumpet player who was able to dig into the music in his own special way.  His personal problems prevented him from recording more than a few times. Other than this one, I like the couple of tunes he plays on  with Stan Getz.

th-2959607886.jpeg

👍😀

3 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

I like this album very much. Tony Fruscella was a trumpet player who was able to dig into the music in his own special way.  His personal problems prevented him from recording more than a few times. Other than this one, I like the couple of tunes he plays on  with Stan Getz.

th-2959607886.jpeg

👍

4 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

th-2959607886.jpeg

😁👍

This is a rare ESP Disk album by the not too well known drummer James Zitro. 
It is a wonderful example of typical NY so called "Free Jazz" , recorded in 1967.

I have a special affinity to this because it´s the first recording of one my prime musical inspirations here in Europe, the American in Europe Allan Praskin (as). 

This is 60´s avantgarde jazz at it´s best and all the musicians are great.

Warren Gale (tp), Bert Wilson (ts) have great skills , the bass is superb and almost reaches the heights of inspiration of Henry Grimes. 

And the leader himself, drummer James Zitro is fascinating. It´s really a good recording sound, you really hear what the drummer plays, he is amazing. 

Allan Praskin already had his wonderful sound on as, the kind of alto sound I love most, as much as I like to listen to Jackie McLean or to Jimmy Lyons with Cecil Taylor.

Pianist Michael Cohen is superb. That´s the way it should sound. 

Those are musicians, who know exactly what they do and where they are at. 

There should have been more. 

Herunterladen (5).jpg