• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Primary

That reads like a dream team ! 

ten to Two blues......there was one album of Dusko that was titled "After Hours" and as much as I remember it had also a stellar band. But I had only two tunes taped on casetofon from radio, back then in 1977 or so. 
I wanted to buy the CD some years ago, but it´s for an astronomic price......., well I still think I have the music in mind, one of it might have be a blues, and one was "Those were the Days", I think that´s what I had on the casetofon. 

10 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

That reads like a dream team ! 

ten to Two blues......there was one album of Dusko that was titled "After Hours" and as much as I remember it had also a stellar band. But I had only two tunes taped on casetofon from radio, back then in 1977 or so. 
I wanted to buy the CD some years ago, but it´s for an astronomic price......., well I still think I have the music in mind, one of it might have be a blues, and one was "Those were the Days", I think that´s what I had on the casetofon. 

It is exactly the same album. It was issued as "Ten To Two Blues" by the Spanish label Ensayo, and as "After Hours" by Enja, both in 1971. Subsequent LP and CD reissues have followed the same guidelines.

Primary

Hardly got any listening in over the holiday and yesterday because my wife had a lot of time off and had a long list of things for me to do. Got most of them done.

Starting off with a favorite I just can't keep out of the player for too long.

"Secret Ellington"

s-l640.jpg

Now onto a release by Raulzinho I did not know of til last week!

077281.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

This again:

Ny04NjA0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Arranger, Conductor – Les McCann
Tenor Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Temple Bells – Yusef Lateef
Guitar, Electric Guitar – David Spinozza, Cornell Dupree
Electric Piano – Jodie Christian
Bass, Electric Bass – Jimmy Rowser, William Salter
Drums, Percussion – Alphonse Mouzon, Bernard Purdie, Donald Dean, Buck Clarke, Ralph McDonald
Harp – Corky Hale

27 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

This again:

Ny04NjA0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Piano, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Arranger, Conductor – Les McCann
Tenor Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Temple Bells – Yusef Lateef
Guitar, Electric Guitar – David Spinozza, Cornell Dupree
Electric Piano – Jodie Christian
Bass, Electric Bass – Jimmy Rowser, William Salter
Drums, Percussion – Alphonse Mouzon, Bernard Purdie, Donald Dean, Buck Clarke, Ralph McDonald
Harp – Corky Hale

Les McCann's "Bitches Brew". Great album.

2 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Les McCann's "Bitches Brew". Great album.

Yes, I can hear exactly what you're talking about!  Invitation to Openness is perhaps a bit less thrusting and urgent than BB.  McCann's album is more gentle and meandering.  But both of their conceptions are definitely similar: jam sessions that are electric, percussive & orchestral.

NP:
Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

In the latter part of 1957 I had just completed my Army Basic Training at Fort Riley, Kansas. The group I was in that completed training were granted a leave. A friend and I took the train to Chicago . My friend lived in Chicago, and I decided to stay overnight before heading home to Detroit the next day.

Somehow I discovered that The Horace Silver Quintet had a gig at the Sutherland lounge in Chicago. So I convinced my friend to join me to go hear Horace and his quintet. It was a marvelous evening of outstanding music. To the best of my recollection, that was the only time I had the opportunity to hear The Horace Silver Quintet. Though it was over 60 years ago, it is a memory I cherish.

th-687755315.jpeg