• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

SCCD-36505.jpg

This is one I've never seen before, so I presume it's just come to light.

My favourite Adderley band! I saw all he players on this one, but not together. By the time I saw the Adderley band in 1965, Feldman had been replaced by Zawinul, but I had seen Victor in 1959 on a triumphant Christmas return to Ronnie Scott's, just after he joined Cannonball, as Simon Spillett told me.

Now playing. Cannon in blistering form and I haven't before heard Victor on vibes, as well as piano, in an Adderley group.

17 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

NTItMTIzOC5qcGVn.jpeg

NTEtMjE2OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Glad to see they've put both LPs on one CD!

53 minutes ago, BillF said:

My favourite Adderley band! I saw all he players on this one, but not together. By the time I saw the Adderley band in 1965, Feldman had been replaced by Zawinul, but I had seen Victor in 1959 on a triumphant Christmas return to Ronnie Scott's, just after he joined Cannonball, as Simon Spillett told me.

Now playing. Cannon in blistering form and I haven't before heard Victor on vibes, as well as piano, in an Adderley group.

There's at least one more in the series - a Blakey set with the Morgan/Shorter Fuller/Walton band.

18 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Glad to see they've put both LPs on one CD!

Yep.  That's the good news.  The bad news: It's out of print, and used copies on Discogs are fetching absurd prices.

I'll just have to wait until they decide to re-reissue.  But I probably shouldn't hold my breath.  IIRC, Denon's catalog is now owned by the Concord Music Group. 

1 hour ago, BillF said:

Certainly, it is from the latest batch of Steeplechase:

https://www.prestomusic.com/jazz/labels/4203/browse?date_range=Last+90+Days

49 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Yep.  That's the good news.  The bad news: It's out of print, and used copies on Discogs are fetching absurd prices.

I'll just have to wait until they decide to re-reissue.  But I probably shouldn't hold my breath.  IIRC, Denon's catalog is now owned by the Concord Music Group. 

Luckily for me, I got Vol one on LP back in the day when those Denon LPs were fairly readily available in the US shops.

Vol 2 I was able to get with a little help from my friends. :)

[IMG]
Posted this in the wrong thread…. my 4 year old boy got a day off from school so that means Lego and this Blue Note playlist.

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

NTItMTIzOC5qcGVn.jpeg

NTEtMjE2OC5qcGVn.jpeg

I didn’t knew there was a cd release of that. I got both volumes on vinyl. Essential Max Roach :)

Found this on discogs.com and had never known of its existence. Glad I ordered it, this is a good listen. Bought it for Mark Turner’s participation.

Pierre Lognay Featuring Mark Turner “The New International Edition” Lyrae Records, Belgium

44ae021a666721bf24b4ff9da13eca76624c385b

Guitar - Pierre Lognay
Tenor saxophone - Mark Turner
Acoustic Bass – Mark Zubek
Alto Saxophone – Rudresh Mahanthappa
Drums – Bilou Doneux
Electric Piano – Inno De Sadjo
Trumpet – Philippe Thomas

Bob Dylan “Bootleg Series Vol. 17: Fragments” disc Five. This set was released Friday last week.

I’m reverently, slowly going through this box set. I listened to the first disc, the remix of the album “Time out of Mind” itself, twice, and now I’m listening to the final disc, which is material I already have from Vol.8, “Tell Tale Signs” (and LOVE).

“Time out of Mind” is the album that rekindled both my interest in earlier Dylan and the new blues-based material he created going forward. It’s music that really resonates in my mind and heart, and falls within the type of music I can play myself.