So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

Right, Xanadu. Steeplechases are fine IIRC.

Here's a fun write-up on Ronnie's Steeplechase dates (written in 2018 so it's missing a few of the last ones): https://jazzprofiles.blogspot.com/2018/09/cuberquest-ronnie-cuber-on-steeplechase.html

Edited by bresna

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chase Music Group CMD8020 - Pete Petersen & The Collection Jazz Orchestra "Straight Ahead" - rec. 1989 - Engineer: John Mayfield

45309743fy.jpg

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I have had these records for 40 years but never listed closely.  Probably dismissed them as "jam sessions".  Wow - they are fantastic!!

kennyburrell_bluelightsvolume2_7xg4.jpg

😁👍

13 hours ago, Eric said:

I have had these records for 40 years but never listed closely.  Probably dismissed them as "jam sessions".  Wow - they are fantastic!!

kennyburrell_bluelightsvolume2_7xg4.jpg

Same here. Never listened to it closley. 

I have other KB recordings I prefer. All other BN studio recordings and the live recording "On View at Five Spot".

John Coltrane “My Favorite Things” Atlantic 60th Anniversary reissue Stereo LP

6a81c6c573a4d133f8c6c1c378b0e4e3cb53c9f7

Both the stereo and mono LP in this reissue package sound great. Stereo is spinning today and I think my new/used phono preamp is finally “broken (back) in” and this playback is sounding great.

Edited by jazzbo

My late friend Bob Wright playing Luckey Roberts.and Joplin. Note how different these interpretations are, how Bob captures the Jopalso lin lilt. No less than Eubie Blake said that Bob was the greatest living interpreter of Stride and Ragtime music.

11 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

My late friend Bob Wright playing Luckey Roberts. No less than Eubie Blake said that Bob was the greatest living interpreter of Stride and Ragtime music.

Bob also had some theories (or "theories"):