Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I must dig your old CD out later  Bill !

The Roberts/Fishwick group were a great outfit. I saw them at the Wigan Jazz Festival in the noughties.

Then the Fishwicks and Osian turned up about 10 years ago at Southport in an Anglo-American sextet with Frank Basile, Jeb Patton and Mike Karn. Some great chat with Frank and Matt.

Finally Osian appeared with local tenorman Liam Byrne a few years ago at Malcolm Frazer's house. Turns out both Osian and I have Cardiff origins. (Frank wrote "The Cardiff Giant" for him.)

36 minutes ago, BillF said:

The Roberts/Fishwick group were a great outfit. I saw them at the Wigan Jazz Festival in the noughties.

Then the Fishwicks and Osian turned up about 10 years ago at Southport in an Anglo-American sextet with Frank Basile, Jeb Patton and Mike Karn. Some great chat with Frank and Matt.

Finally Osian appeared with local tenorman Liam Byrne a few years ago at Malcolm Frazer's house. Turns out both Osian and I have Cardiff origins. (Frank wrote "The Cardiff Giant" for him.)

Yeah, they made an excursion South to Swanage some years before the lockdown, where I caught them.

roy-haynes-quartet-out-of-the-afternoon-

All the talk on another board of Erroll Garner made me reach for this from the shelves, his earliest recordings recorded at Timme Rosenkrantz's apartment and later released by Bllue Note.

I wonder what his twin brother Ernest. I do know his older brother Linton preceded him as a piano performer in Pittsburgh.

Erroll Garner “1944” Chronogical Classics cd.

62016ecc7ed24cd2944758f448f12ced06520593

97eaa131c70a9c3dfa5a9473d9088f1cb17f6459

Edited by jazzbo

10 hours ago, jazzbo said:

e95d127410c8655e83b9436c5414e55e905d68d4

Kenny Dorham “Midnight at the Cafe Bohemia” Blue Note Japan Platinum SHM-CD.

All of those in this series sound so good!

I love that double CD, and very much the tunes where Kenny Burrell sit´s in. Wonderful compositions by Dorham too! 

6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

I love that double CD, and very much the tunes where Kenny Burrell sit´s in. Wonderful compositions by Dorham too! 

Yes, I also have all the material in a double cd from Japan of the RVG transfers, which I think sounds great. Love this music.

Edited by jazzbo