Posted Images

9 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now streaming:

51Woezo5HPL._AC_SL600_.jpg

Oh that’s a good one!!

6 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Primary

I always think it's a shame that this line-up didn't record more

Dig that album.  I’m glad all his Columbia stuff is available on CD!

22 hours ago, BillF said:

hqdefault.jpg

oh really ! I loved Tommy Potter´s bass in the bebop era. Those were the days when a bassist had the hardest work playing a whole night all them up tempos when there were no pickups for the bass. None of those unsung heroes was known for extended bass solos, but if they got a short spot it was good and had substance. 
I think there was a Parker CD with some live date at Café Society where Tommy Potter plays a solo version of "Talk of the Town" in course of a ballad medley. 

The album he made under his name, in Sweden is fine, but the title is confusing: "Hard Funk" would fit for 70´s electric jazz, not for an acoustic album. Nothing specatular here. It´s something of "Americans in Europe" with Freddie Redd, Joe Harris and the best swedish trumpetist Rolf Ericson who even played with Bird. My CD of it has the studio session plus a live set at some concert. 

17 hours ago, jazzcorner said:

The reason for this concert taking place in Koblenz was a strong Influence of Jazzpromotor "Hans Roßbach as local hero. Later he organized concerts with Bill Evans, Art Blakey, Chet Baker , The Woody Herman big band a.o. in our Jazz club for a smaller audience in the 1970s.

These were the days. Long gone and Mr. Roßbach too. FYI here are 2 fotos. The upper one  might be made at the concert day.

45716769cl.jpg

oh thank you so much. I never saw this photo. Must have been a wonderful guy this Mr. Rossbach and it must have been a great day in Koblenz. Only that I still don´t understand, why the fastest guys played almost exclusively ballads. I love ballads, but I think one of them in the course of a set is enough. You don´t play "Can´t Get Started", "I Remember Clifford" and "Round Midnight" one after the other.

Oh boy, the foto below must be the Oscar Peterson Trio. That sh....eating grin.....arghhh

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

My first exposure to George Coleman was at the next Ronnie Scott’s season after this one - either late 79 or early 1980. Ruiz and Higgins we’re back with him but not Drummond. Coleman’s playing was phenomenal.

I wonder if there is a rights issue with those ‘Ronnie Scott’s Record Productions’ releases? It was quite active in the early 80s doing releases by Sarah Vaughan, Louis Bellson etc. who were active at the club at that time.

The only one I have is the Sarah Vaughan set. Would be a good idea to have all the music from Ronnie Scott on individual CDs, I mean so many great ones played there over the years, so something like those CDs live from "Onkel Poe" in Hamburg from which I have a lot of them (all with the exception of the not strictly jazz events). 

e107ea1a0b29f66b4647979e886ae53383ea370f

Mario Adnet “+ Jobim Jazz” Adventure Music cd

The followup to “Jobim Jazz” and just as great, perhaps a bit more so as the songs are a bit less “famous.” Great sound as usual for Adventure Music.

49b4419b4f7e8b43e8a12d04c0c687b2ef0326c6

1 hour ago, optatio said:

👍 - as vinyl on my shelf (gatefold-cover)!

IMG_20230526_0001_stitch (Copy).jpg

Such a nice photo.

6a00e008dca1f08834022ad383bcd4200d-600wi

NTUtOTQ2OS5qcGVn.jpeg

Tom Harrell “Labyrinth” RCA Victor cd

Arranged By – Tom Harrell
Bass – Larry Grenadier
Bass Clarinet – Gary Smulyan
Drums – Billy Hart
Oboe – Rob Botti
Piano – Kenny Werner, Tom Harrell (one track)
Shaker, Congas, Cowbell – Leon Parker
Tenor Saxophone – Don Braden
Trombone – Steve Turre
Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Tom Harrell

9 hours ago, BillF said:

A1yQqsqCjiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm streaming this now, prompted by the recent posts.  :tup :tup :tup  Big bands with organists are always fun.

Isn't it a funny coincidence that the two most prominent female organists of the day both had the same surname, Scott?!? . . . It's sorta the equivalent of all the male B3-ers with the last name Smith.