Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

Yep.

And these stories are all too common...HERE! And in this case "small sample size" is actually quite pertinent to the overall conversation. It'd be one thing if ONE poster here said, "eh, they sent me the wrong shit once back in '97..." But this seems to be an ongoing, and by most accounts, wide spread problem with them. 

Hey, I can dig a freebie fuck up. But when it becomes part of your business model, well...business probably ain't going to go all that well. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not about to cheat a company because they made a mistake and shipped me two boxed sets retailing for a total of $285 instead of two individual CDs. It sounds like their shipping partner has some "'splainin'" to do... That is a potentially disasterous series of shipping errors, just from this thread.

It's really not my business (literally and figuratively) but there's got to be some legalese in the paperwork (are they incorporated?) that gives the principals some kind of soft-er landing if and when they close up shop for good. I get altruism and not being in it just for the money, really I do, but...what happened to that Blue Note(?) half-ownership stake? I can't believe that those two guys are just going to go out of business like a broke-dick dog, not at their age. Really, I hope that is not going to happen, and I hope that that accounts for a little (or more) of the extreme generosity over the years. Don't nobody need to be that nice otherwise.

On 31 May 2017 at 11:00 PM, Ken Dryden said:

I'm not about to cheat a company because they made a mistake and shipped me two boxed sets retailing for a total of $285 instead of two individual CDs. It sounds like their shipping partner has some "'splainin'" to do... That is a potentially disasterous series of shipping errors, just from this thread.

That might be the retail value but the manufacturing cost is not very much...

Regardless of the manufacturing cost, when you have shrinkage, it ends up costing around 10 times the lost dollar amount to make up for it, as a rule of thumb.

In any case, I contacted Scott and UPS arrived the next day with a prepaid return label to get it back to them. Scott told me that the fulfillment house will have to eat the related costs, not Mosaic.

Edited by Ken Dryden

You'd need to know both the terms and the duration of the current contract between Mosiac and the shipper to be certain about that. Sounds like Cost Center Bingo to me, in which case it might be as simple as shipping staff gets fewer hours next/month/week/whatever. Or that somebody gets to claim a loss that they don't mind claiming. Or maybe this shipping fulfillment place has other clients that bring in enough more bucks to not make it matter. Actual money and numbers are two things that only sometimes coincide. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If we're talking contractors/vendors here and how that money works, geez, the options are infinite. And Mosaic's future life is very likely not.

I received one of my orders on Friday; the Getz vinyl and it was well wrapped in bubbles. Maybe they were hearing complaints.

Waiting for a second order - this one took 2 days short a month so I'm not holding my breath.

On the matter of Mosaic shrugging off the odd box here and there I always thought insurance covered that stuff. Amazon and much smaller companies alike have from time-to-time given me rather expensive freebies over the years and I always figured they "wrote it off" somehow.

just to add a concern about Mosaic - when I go to the web site and go to a release, and then click 'discography' it does not go to the discography. But...if I go to Google and search under "......(Mosaic release)... discography" it directs me to the correct page on their web site. So I can only access it from an external search. Anyone else have this problem?

1 hour ago, AllenLowe said:

just to add a concern about Mosaic - when I go to the web site and go to a release, and then click 'discography' it does not go to the discography. But...if I go to Google and search under "......(Mosaic release)... discography" it directs me to the correct page on their web site. So I can only access it from an external search. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. Clicking on discography takes me back where I started.

5 hours ago, AllenLowe said:

I am glad I am not alone; well, just know that if you Google it, it takes you to the right place.

I've had the same problem, though I think it varied from set to set (the discography came up for some, and not for others). I could have sworn it worked sometimes for  specific set, and not at other times for the same set - but I could never discern a pattern (like it worked on my phone, and not on my laptop).

Anyway, you're not alone.

8 hours ago, AllenLowe said:

Any in particular? I just checked Joe Pass and Woody Shaw and the links work. But as MIkeWeil mentioned, the printable version link does NOT work.