Hey Kids, Have You Heard The News? MOSAIC's IN TROUBLE!!!

I must be in the minority. I received the Woody Shaw Muse box set fairly quickly. Couldn't have been more than a week. I ordered the Savoy set earlier today and we'll see how long that takes. No hurry on this end seeing that they seem overwhelmed with the influx of orders. Plan on ordering the Beehive set next month and that might be it for me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mjzee said:

Finally got a shipping notice for the Lester/Basie set.

I ordered the Lester/Basie on May 4th - same as you, I believe - along with 2 other in stock sets.  Just got my shipment of all three today.

I figured that it was the Lester that was the hold up as it went out of stock right after I placed my order.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

2 hours ago, Ed Swinnich said:

I ordered the Lester/Basie on May 4th - same as you, I believe - along with 2 other in stock sets.  Just got my shipment of all three today.

I figured that it was the Lester that was the hold up as it went out of stock right after I placed my order.

They told me that when I placed the order, their system showed the Lester/Basie in stock, and it was - but it didn't show that they were out of boxes (the ones that hold the CDs, booklet, tray), and that's what they've been waiting for to come in.

• 2 weeks later...

In today's Mosaic Newsletter:

"The internet has changed our world for better and for worse. In 2016, Mosaic Records had to abandon its brochures, once our only pipeline to the jazz world, because the production and postal costs no longer justified the catalog in this world of email, websites and electronic payments.

We put a lot of thought and love into the writing, photography and design of those brochures. We've decided to unlock our stash of previous brochures and make them available to our customers. Quantities vary drastically but each one is priced at $10 while they last.

We are beginning with brochure nos. 7 to 35. More issues will be made available periodically. For a complete listing of what's available please click image above."

You obviously haven't seen the email from yesterday, in view of your continuing negative comments.

This particular email is to inform followers of Mosaic that the Duke Ellington and MJQ boxes are now "Running Low", which no doubt will encourage some customers to come off the fence if they were considering purchasing. In fact, following the email the Duke Ellington box has now disappeared from Jazz Messengers in Europe.

So no links to YouTube or blogspots, simply promoting product.

10 hours ago, crisp said:

And I doubt the Sunday Gazette is "funded". It looks to me like a labour of love.

Even if the Sunday Gazette is "funded," isn't it Mosaic's prerogative what they do with their money? It seems reasonable that the gentlemen there would/should be compensated for their time and energy. I see the Gazette as a way to further spread the gospel of jazz. It is a discussion of sorts to point you in new directions and provide insight and guidance...one of the hallmarks of Mosaic and part of the essence of their endeavor right from the start. Part of Mosaic's success, and magic, has been how successful they have been when operating in "trust us" territory. 

I enjoy the Gazette and click through on links of interest which do lead to stories which originate in a variety of publications as well as performance videos from youtube. I see no harm in it at all. Given that only a few stories in each issue have a direct tie-in to current Mosaic products it seems quite altruistic that they do this, And for those which do connect to their current product how could you fault them for a little self-promotion?

Edited by greggery peccary
capitalization