Jim Nabors R.I.P.

Jim Nabors died peacefully at age 87.

He made a nice little contribution to The Andy Griffith Show, and for reasons I still don't quite understand I was a pretty big fan of Gomer Pyle USMC.   I have to say, though, that there were moments in Gomer Pyle they were absolutely hilarious. 

Other than Ron Howard, is anyone significantly associated with Andy Griffith still alive?

3 hours ago, Milestones said:

He made a nice little contribution to The Andy Griffith Show, and for reasons I still don't quite understand I was a pretty big fan of Gomer Pyle USMC.   I have to say, though, that there were moments in Gomer Pyle they were absolutely hilarious. 

Other than Ron Howard, is anyone significantly associated with Andy Griffith still alive?

Betty Lynn, who played Don Knott's sometime girlfriend Thelma Lou, is still hanging in there at 91. I think all the others except Howard are gone.

gregmo

3 hours ago, Milestones said:

That's a shame. He was a riot on Andy Griffith. "Citizen's arrest, citizens arrest!"

I know Ellie Walker and Charlene Darling are still with us, as is Opie's pal Johnny Paul Jason.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, GA Russell said:

I received this afternoon an email from Autoweek Magazine entitled 

JIM NABORS, FAMED INDY 500 PRE-RACE SINGER, DEAD AT 87

I got that same email (I've been an AutoWeek subscriber for probably close to thirty years). I gotta admit, when I found out earlier that he had passed, the first thought I had wasn't of Gomer Pyle, but of him singing "Back Home In Indiana" before the 500 every year. I had figured he wasn't long for this world three years ago when he said that it would be the last time he was going to sing before the race.