Let's send some good vibes to Barry Harris.

Hardbopjazz

Barry Harris recently took a fall while on tour. He is pretty banged up and in a rehabilitation facility in Secaucus New Jersey. He is going to be there for a while. Healing will take longer as you progress in years. With his 88th birthday next week, let's send him some positive vibes and wish for a full recovery. 

Get Better Barry. Happy Birthday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Get well soon.

I tell myself everyday - don't fall down!!

Heck, I'm only 55 and I've fallen twice in the past year and tweaked my right shoulder so bad that I still can't play volleyball. I'm going a little nuts about it right now. I can't imagine what Barry's going through at the age of 87.

2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Heck, I'm only 55 and I've fallen twice in the past year and tweaked my right shoulder so bad that I still can't play volleyball. I'm going a little nuts about it right now. I can't imagine what Barry's going through at the age of 87.

From what Phil Schaap said on the radio this morning, Barry can't even move around at this point. He's just lying in bed. 

3 hours ago, Cyril said:

Please send a card to:

The Alaris Rehabilitation Ctr
595 County Ave.
Secaucus, NJ.

Thank you very much for this. There's nothing wrong with positive vibes and best wishes, but they don't do a heck of a lot for Barry. On the other hand, a humorous card with a heartfelt message can mean a lot.

2 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

... is this a "nursing home"?   is he just staying there while he gets better?

Rehab center is not the same as a nursing home. Not meant to be permanent; recovering patients usually are released from a hospital to a rehab center, where they stay and undergo therapy until they regain sufficient mobility to return home.

Edited by T.D.

• 1 month later...