Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 6

bluesoul

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Clunky said:

Disc One sounds very good on first spin. Liner notes make the point this is the first legit commercial issue of any of the material with "the proper permissions' i.e. not just asking grandma if it's ok. As per usual nice package from Sony. 

I’ve briefly compared the Paris set to the sound from the 2CD Laserlight/Delta (2002) set. The new Sony set is properly in  mono and seems to have fewer audible tape flaws. The laserlight CD is a stereo transfer from the mono tapes ( I think ). Overall the new set sounds a bit better.

10 hours ago, felser said:

$18.34 and shipping from Amazon resellers (UK based, through US Amazon.com site).  Wish now I had waited rather than preordering through U.K.  $2-$3 mistake.  (I'll survive it ^_^).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZCTV18/?tag=thesecdis-20

That offer seems to have disappeared and even if you pay the full Amazon price they're not shipping for 8-11 days.  ( Fortunately I have all these plus all or most of the other concerts from the tour on pretty good sounding cds. )

Edited by medjuck

12 hours ago, medjuck said:

That offer seems to have disappeared and even if you pay the full Amazon price they're not shipping for 8-11 days.  ( Fortunately I have all these plus all or most of the other concerts from the tour on pretty good sounding cds. )

Mine has shipped from amazon.co.uk (though they may actually ship it to me from USA, I assume), so guess I'm happy afterall!

What's happening with this release? The Amazon price jumped to 49.98 USD in the US. I preordered it a long time ago at the lower price, but it hasn't arrived yet and the tracking says there's been a shipping delay. The 8-11 days thing seems to me to be due to more demand than there is supply, but that is pure conjecture based on no facts by me. I know that almost everyone here has had these recordings from previous releases, but personally I've never heard them. I'm excited about it but not angry about the delay. I know it will arrive eventually.

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

I placed my order with Amazon UK Dec. 19.  At that time, I was told that it would arrive April 4 - 9.  Today the website says April 10.  Saturday I received an email from them saying that it had been shipped.

My price was 13.83 GBP + 3.08 GBP shipping = 16.91 GBP.

My bank has not notified me of a currency exchange fee that I expected.  Perhaps that is included in the $23.93 I have been charged.

Have this one playing right now. The Olympia material is beyond great! Miles and Coltrane sound like they are truly trying to kill each other! By far the most ferocious playing between those two that I’ve ever heard. 

If you don’t think you need this set, you think very, VERY wrongly! I may even spring for the actual physical box on this one. 

22 minutes ago, Scott Dolan said:

$50 for a four CD box set? $12.50 per disc seems reasonable. ? 

Totally. But I'm not looking for reasonable, I'm looking for cheap. I already have the music, now I'm just looking for the object. So, some slightly used set with all the particles intact enough will be good enough for me.

No matter, yeah, Olympia is one of the greatest moments of the 20th Century, period.