THREAD CLOSED - WILL Consolidate and Create New Topic - THANK YOU: PRICES REDUCED* Next Round of Box Sets Finally Listed

freejazz

THREAD CLOSED

WILL Consolidate and Create New Topic

THANK YOU

As I previously noted in my earlier posts, I am selling off a massive 40,000 CD collection, beginning with boxed sets. Thanks for several of you for purchases, but moreover for messages/conversations and meeting. I wanted to try these set here before going off to the crazy world of eBay.

As I have said to those with whom I have spoken and dealt, I have tried to research the current market values (sold and offer) on Discogs and eBay and current offerings on Amazon. I need to get close to market values, but I do not need to extract the last possible dollar. I want easy transactions that are mutually fair and amenable. The real fun is passing along the music to fellow music lovers.

PAYMENT: Accept PayPal - no fee for US  - Please add 2% in Canada, Mexico and Worldwide. I can accept other methods of payment that are mutually amenable.

SHIPPING:  Will ship worldwide - shipping will be at actual cost of chosen method (plus insurance or requested special services) - I typically ship USPS Priority Mail, but can ship Media Mail via other services (at request). I have always teied to ship next-day after receipt of payment, but due to health (and now weather) it will typically be not later than two to three days after payment.

Again - no additional fee for domestic PayPal payment - outside US, please add 2%. 

When convenient, use of PayPal Friends and Family is appreciated.

Can also accept other methods of payment

If you see any pricing that is out-of-wack, please feel free to tell me (and why) and I will reconsider. Amenable to best offers - if we are close, just ask ... or you just want to take a chance with an offer, please let me know.

SPECIAL OFFERING

***Jazz in Paris collection***  $750

Original 75-disc box set (no outer band wrapper) + discs 76-112, 2-disc sets 01-06, all four 4-disc compilation sets + Jazz in Paris remixed dvd-v. (141 discs in total)

JAZZ ARTIST BOXED SETS

John Abercrombie - The First Quartet.  ECM $16

Arild Andersen - Green in Blue Early Quartets  ECM $17

Louis Armstrong -  The Wonderful World of  Legends of American Music  Time-Life $5

Louis Armstrong - The Complete Hot Five and Hot Seven Recordings  Columbia Legacy $24

The Art Ensemble - 1967/68  Nessa. $69

Atomic - Retrograde  Jazzland. $14

Mildred Bailey - Mrs Swing  Proper. $14

Kenny Ball and his Jazzman - The Pye Jazz Albums Castle Music  $10

Blue Notes - The Ogun Collection  Ogun. $84

Willem Breuker Kollektief - The Complete Trilogy  Hunger - Thirst - Misery BVHAAST. $24

Willem Breuker Kollektief - Heibel (circular wold box with damages)  BVHAAST $12

Peter Brotzmann - Die Like A Dog  Jazzwerkstatt $24

Clifford Brown - The Complete Blue Nite and Pacific Jazz Recordings  BMG DIRECT Blue Note/Pacific Jazz $16

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - The Columbia Studio Albums Collection 1955-1966. Columbia Legacy. $44

Nels Cine. Dirty / Baby  Cryptogrammophone *promo $6

John Coltrane - Fearless Leader  Prestige $44

John Coltrane - Interplay  Prestige $42

John Coltrane - The Heavyweight Champion - The Complete Atlantic Recordings Rhino / Atlantic (original issue)  $24

John Coltrane - The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recordings. Impulse. $18

Chick Corea + Origin - A Week at the Blue Note. Stretch Records. $38

Miles Davis - Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings Of Miles Davis 1963-1964  $55

Miles Davis - The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions. $30

Miles Davis - The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions $45

Miles Davis - The Complete On The Corner Sessions $165

Miles Davis - The Complete Miles Davis at Montreux 1973 - 1991 $158

Miles Davis -  The Bootleg Sessions Quintet - Live in Europe 1967  $24

Miles Davis - The Bootleg Sessions Quintet - Quintet - Live in Europe 1969  $24

Miles Davis - The Bootleg Sessions Quintet - At The Fillmore 1970  $24

Paul Desmond featuring Jim Hall - The Complete RCA Victor Recordings BMG. $33

Kevin Drumm - Necro Acoustic  Pica Disc. $21

Bill Evans - The Complete Bill Evans on Verve metal box Verve  $122

Bill Evans Trio - Consecration  Milestone. $121

Bill Evans Trio - The Last Waltz  Milestone. $64

Bjorn Fongaard - Elektrofoni Works for Intervallic Guitar 1965-1978  Prisma Records. $56

Jimmy Giuffre - The Complete Remastered Recordings on Black Saint and Soul Note BS/ SN. $24

Dexter Gordon - The Complete Prestige Recordings - Prestige $174

P.E. Hewitt Jazz Ensemble - Winter Winds - The Complete Works: 1968-70. $10

Lionel Hampton - Hamp The Complete Decca Recordings. Decca Jazz. $6

Keith Jarrett - Sun Bear Solo Concerts. ECM. $42

Steve Kuhn - Life’s Backward Glances Solo and Quartet  ECM. $19

Sergey Kuryokhin - Absolutely Great  Leo. $42

Charles Mingus the Complete Atlantic Studio Recordings  Rhino/Atlantic. $18

Jameel Moondoc - The Muntu Recordings  NoBusiness. $45

Herbie Nichols - The Complete Blue Note Recordings  Blue Note. $30

William Parker - Solo Bass Crumbling in the Shadows Is Fraulein Miller’s Stale Cake Centering. $25

Les Paul - Isle of Golden Dreams  Comet. $28

Oscar Peterson - A Norman Granz Legacy Songbooks Etcetera. Acid. MCPS. $14

Oscar Peterson - The Legendary Oscar Peterson Trio Live at the Blue Note  Telarc. $15

Howard Riley - The Complete Short Stories 1998-2010  NoBusiness $45

Sonny Rollins - The Complete RCA Victor Recordings box  $40

George Russell - The Coomplete Black Saint and Soul Note Recordings BS/SN. $38

*SOLD*Alexander Von Schlippenbach - Night and Day - Plays them All  $119

*SOLD*David X. Young’s Jazz Loft  $10

JAZZ VARIOUS ARTISTS

Jazz in Britain 1919-1950  Proper. $10

Jazz Celebration A Tribute to Carl Jefferson  Concord. $8

Dixieland Jazz  This Was the Jazz Age Membran $4

*SOLD*Charlie Parker Records - The Complete Collection Charlie Parker Records Membran. $30

30 Years of Montreux Jazz Festival Oldsmobile Aurora Presents Picutin/TBA Record. $10

Jazz on Disques Vogues The Perfect Collection 35 Original Albums  Sony Legacy. $44

The 1940s Mercury Sessions (mini radio packaging)  Verve/ Mercury 50th Anniversary $45

The Complete Jazz at The Philharmonic on Verve (1944-1949) (Wooden Marquee box packaging). $70

JAZZ VOCAL ARTIST BOXES

Sammy Davis Jr - Yes I Can! The Sammy Davis Jr Story Warner Archives. $10

Ella Fitzgerald  - The Complete Songbooks. Verve. $119

Ella Fitzgerald - Twelve Nights in Hollywood. Hip-o-Select/Verve $20

Billie Holiday - The Complete Decca Recordings  GRP. $5

Billie Holiday - The Complete Billie Holiday on Columbia (1933-1944) (small box) Sony Legacy  $20

Billie Holiday - The Complete Verve Studio Master Takes (metal box) - Verve  $32

Nina Simone - Four Women - Then Nina Simone Phillips Recordings - $21

Mel Torme and George Shearing  - The Complete Concord Recordings  Concord. $44

MISC SPECIAL REQUESTS

*SOLD*Burt Bacharach Collection 3-cd version Rhino $18

Ray Charles - Complete Atlantic Records Collection (simulated 45-records storage

box). $33

Leonard Cohen The Complete Columbia Albums Collection (18 cds)  $174

SOLD

*SOLD* Albert Ayler - Holy Ghost   Revenant $70*SOLD*

*SOLD*Carla Bley - Escalator Over the Hill  ECM large box $14*SOLD*

*SOLD* Thomas Chapin - Alive   Knitting Factory Works $49*SOLD*

*SOLD* Cherry/Vasconcelos/Walcott - The Codona Trilogy. ECM. $19*SOLD*

*SOLD* Nat King Cole Trio - Transcriptions. EMI / Blue Note. *spine cut. $39*SOLD*

*SOLD*Miles Davis - The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings: Miles Davis & Gil Evans $39*SOLD*

*SOLD* Miles Davis - In Person Friday and Saturday Nights At The Blackhawk Complete $20*SOLD*

*SOLD* Jack DeJohnette - Special Edition. ECM.  $18 *PENDING**SOLD*

*SOLD*Svein Finnerud Trio - The Complete Released Works 1968-1999. Plastic Strip. $43*SOLD*

*SOLD* Stan Getz - The Complete Roost Recordings. Roost / Blue Note $16*SOLD*

*SOLD* Jimmy Lyons - The Box Set  Ayler Records $52 *

*SOLD* Wynton Marsalis Septet - Live at the Village Vanguard  Columbia $21*SOLD*

SOLD* Wes Montgomery - Movin’  The Complete Verve Recordings Verve Hip-o-Select. $44 *SOLD*

*SOLD* Art Tatum - The Complete Pablo Solo Masterpieces  Pablo. $24*SOLD*

*SOLD*Art Tatum - Tatum Art: Art Tatum Live Performances 1934-1956Storyville  *No box - just Cds in their original boxed set cardboard sleeves Storyville. $39*SOLD*

*SOLD*Henry Threadgill - The Complete Remastered Recordings on Black Saint Soul Note BS/SN. $34*Sold*

*SOLD*Fats Waller and His Rhythm - If You Got to Ask, You Ain’t Got It! Bluebird Legacy. $19*Sold*

*SOLD* Ben Webster - Dig Ben! BW in Europe & Some last US Sessions  Storyville. $48*FSOLD*

VARIOUS

*SOLD* The Jazz Scene (mini- book packaging). $10*SOLD*

*SOLD- Wu Ming 1. The Old New Thing  A Free Jazz Anthology Book and Selections on ESP Records  Abraxas/Goodfella/Radio 3. $11*SOLD*

VOCALS

*SOLD* Rosemary Clooney - The Songbook Collection. Concord. $34*SOLD*

*SOLD* Bing Crosby - Swingin’ with Bing Lost Radio Performances  Shout! Factory. $8*SOLD*

SOLD*Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington - Cote d’Azur Concerts on Verve. Verve. $74

*SOLD* Frank Sinatra - The Capitol Years (Capitol UK Import black box)  - $165 M*SOLD*

*SOLD* Frank Sinatra - The Reprise Collection  Reprise $10 *SOLD*

*SOLD*Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues: The Worlds of Charley Patton  Revenant box $137 *SOLD*

Thanks!

Scott

W

Edited by freejazz

Sending a PM on the Bing Crosby Radio collection on the Shout label.

33 minutes ago, LWayne said:

Sending a private message on Jack DeJohnette Special Edition box on ECM.

Thanks 

LWayne

You beat me to it!  ;)

Followup also sent re:  Rosemary Clooney Concord Songbook set.  A lot of excellent items for sale here--I just have them already!

Posting this here as an update on a delay on orders purchased from and paid to me in the past week.

Outside of some of the usual daily “fun" going on over here, about which some of you know, I had an issue on an order of shipping boxes from Bags Unlimited. Somehow, it was lost. Tracking showed it having made it to the distributions center with delivery to occur Tuesday, then poof. Long story short, after being told it was going Tobe delivered and still waiting three-days for it to be found, I, last evening, ordered some boxes from U-line that are to be here tomorrow. Anyone awaiting shipment, should get an update from me here or via personal message on Monday regarding status,

The is my responsibility. Sorry for this delay and any inconvenience. I so well know the excitement of a new purchase. I appreciate your understanding.

6 hours ago, felser said:

Thanks Scott, we know you are doing your best, and that your performance on packing/shipping is exemplary.

Appreciate that kind remark and support, John. Thank you

4 hours ago, cliffpeterson said:

PM sent

Responded 

3 hours ago, felser said:

I strongly recommend the Kuhn and the Moondoc.  And the Coltrane boxes are the way to own the Prestige material, as well as the Mingus and Coltrane boxes for the Atlantic material.

Agreed on all but the Kuhn, which is unknown to me. The Moondoc is really good. I was fence-sitting on the Ayler and Lyons, but snoozed and lost.