FS: Blue Note Music Matters reissues, CD box sets, etc.

porcy62

Hi to all,

I've been away for a while, due to job, hope you all are well.

I am downsizing my collection, here is the link to discogs https://www.discogs.com/it/sell/item/848915105

click on porcy62 for the whole batch.

I am adding items as soon I check them out, so if you're looking for some titles, I'll could check it out for you.

Best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, porcy62 said:

I am planning to list some classic rock LP's, but I am not in the mood for listen to Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple...

Check your copy of Led Zeppelin II. If it's got "RL" in the deadwax, it's probably got some value these days. Check closely because this "RL" is tiny and it's one of many initials inscribed there if you have this pressing.

18 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

Thanks, but I got some Classic Records'and Steve Hoffman's reissues I presume you are referring to original pressing, don't you?

Yes, an RL Led Zeppelin II is an original pressing. I have one and don't know why the Hoffman forum denizens go crazy over it but they do. Someone says it's great so its value shoots up. Same thing happened with a few other recordings over there.

What cracks me up is when they do this for a common title like LZ II. They pressed hundreds of thousands of that first edition of LZ II and yet they're paying big bucks for it. I found mine for $15. It was worth $15. :) The reason they think it is rare is because it was supposedly recalled because it was "cut too hot" and caused Ahmet Ertegun's daughter's record player to skip. I was a youngster when this was issued but I never heard of any recalls of any Zep LPs and I was enough into audio back then that I would have.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Yes, an RL Led Zeppelin II is an original pressing. I have one and don't know why the Hoffman forum denizens go crazy over it but they do. Someone says it's great so its value shoots up. Same thing happened with a few other recordings over there.

What cracks me up is when they do this for a common title like LZ II. They pressed hundreds of thousands of that first edition of LZ II and yet they're paying big bucks for it. I found mine for $15. It was worth $15. :) The reason they think it is rare is because it was supposedly recalled because it was "cut too hot" and caused Ahmet Ertegun's daughter's record player to skip. I was a youngster when this was issued but I never heard of any recalls of any Zep LPs and I was enough into audio back then that I would have.

Hoffmanites...:rolleyes:

I stay with old pressings on rock only for sentimental reason, I bought them then, I seldom listen to them now. Like an old jacket you're fond of.