Timeless All Stars - At Onkel Pö's Carnegie Hall, Hamburg 1982

HutchFan

• 7 months later...

Very curious how everybody liked this one. I was so excited when I heard about the release but to be honest I am a little disappointed. It’s not bad but none of the musicians sound really inspired. It sounds like an ordinary jamsession and I miss interaction. Anyone else who feels the same way or am I just very wrong? 

5 hours ago, Pim said:

Very curious how everybody liked this one. I was so excited when I heard about the release but to be honest I am a little disappointed. It’s not bad but none of the musicians sound really inspired. It sounds like an ordinary jamsession and I miss interaction. Anyone else who feels the same way or am I just very wrong? 

Haven't listened to this, but have heard a lot by the group.  By the 80's they were (exceedingly talented) seasoned pros doing repertory in a lot of ways, more polish and less fire than the early days.

9 hours ago, Pim said:

Same reaction here.

• 5 months later...
On 19/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, Pim said:

Same here. The first of the Onkel Poe’s recordings I regret buying. All the other jazz titles from that series are stunning. 

10 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I still hadn't pulled the trigger.  Sounds like I might want to hold off.  What a bummer.  :( 

I had high expectations...

Timeless Heart is still one of my all-time favorite LPs.

R-3165345-1318775988.jpeg.jpg

Will check that one out!