New Hank Mobley Blue Note Set

miles65

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the Herman fairly early (and just played the first half of it, up to/including the Carnegie Hall concert – mighty fine!), but no news whatsoever on the Mobley, while a friend who ordered much later than me got a shipping notification two weeks ago ... guess I'll send a mail soon. On the other hand, shipping the Herman took them (aka Scott himself and alone?) about 3 months it seems ...

1 hour ago, Ken Dryden said:

It is frustrating that I ordered both sets immediately when they were announced yet others have received copies before mine were even shipped. There must be a randomness to filling the orders.

Yes, it's frustrating. I got my Herrman weeks after others, and if I hadn't sent a number of emails about it my pre-paid pre-ordered set probably would still be unnoticed.

I got the Mobley very quickly thereafter, no doubt because of my nagging them about the Herman.

Seems they have farmed the shipping out to someone who is. . . challenged to deliver speedy service.

4 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

It is frustrating that I ordered both sets immediately when they were announced yet others have received copies before mine were even shipped. There must be a randomness to filling the orders.

I pre-ordered this Mobley set shortly after it was announced and I've yet to receive a shipping notice.

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, it's frustrating. I got my Herman weeks after others, and if I hadn't sent a number of emails about it my pre-paid pre-ordered set probably would still be unnoticed.

I got the Mobley very quickly thereafter, no doubt because of my nagging them about the Herman.

Seems they have farmed the shipping out to someone who is. . . challenged to deliver speedy service.

The outfit doing the shipping is IMO not competent. I recall ordering the Mingus and receiving an Eddie Condon. Scott put it right, but I suspect it was his effort rather than the shippers'.

I ordered the Mobley just 1 week ago. Got an order confirm, but no shipping notice yet. But I paid via Paypal and specified media mail, which I suspect are 2 "kisses of death" ( :wacko: my bad): for Paypal transactions Mosaic takes the money right away rather than when the order ships, and the confirm warned that media mail takes extra time.

Edited by T.D.

I've never had this happen before. I'm going to have to call Scott tomorrow to see if they "lost" my order. Not the best time to start missing orders.

Edit: I just found my order confirmation from Mosaic. I ordered on February 18th, which would appear to be right around the day they announced it.

Edited by bresna

They definitely lost track of my Herman preorder and I had to prod more than thrice to get it going, so I recommend contacting Scott and getting that started. It's not the Mosaic of old operations wise, but the sets are worth the effort.

Edited by jazzbo

On 2/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, mikeweil said:

Same here ...... and the four LPs with Wynton Kelly - Soul Station, Roll Call, and the two Workouts. - are lost in the gap between and the 1950's box set.

What's the rational for that gap? (I haven't finished reading the booklet yet, so maybe it's explained there.) 

12 hours ago, sidewinder said:

According to Scott there’s currently a backlog of about 500 shipments - the Herman and Mobley sets must be selling well. My sets should be on their way in a couple of weeks.

500, wow!  That's a fairly impressive number, me thinks.  Not all Mobley's, I realize.

8 CD’s total, how is it packaged?

Two 4-disc “fat-boy” jewel boxes? - like the old Andrew Hill and Larry Young boxes?

Or is it housed in four 2-disc “slim-line” jewel boxes? - I think that’s what they’re called. I mean the ones that house 2 CD’s in the space (thickness) of a standard 1-CD Jewel Box (like the Elvin Jones 8-disc set).

Edited by Rooster_Ties