What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

19 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Fantastic memory. Did you have to be 21 to get in? Thankfully no age limits over here, although I was past 21 by the anyway.  I never saw the Replacements either. Saw Bob Mould and Sugar and Paul Westerberg solo. Always late to the party!

Yep, the Patio was a bar in Indianapolis' Broad Ripple neighborhood, and Indiana had had a minimum age of 21 ever since the lifting of Prohibition in 1934.  Seems like the distant past now, but in the 1970s a lot of states lowered the drinking age to less than 21; however, the National Minimum Drinking Age Act of 1984 eventually forced all states to raise it to 21.  I was grateful to have an ID that worked, as the Patio was a common venue for 80s indie-rock acts passing through Indianapolis.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

cGVn.jpeg

B sides and remixes from TI's latest album The Slow Rush. The modifications are definite improvements over the original songs IMO. 

Hoping they release this on cd.  I see there's a deluxe vinyl edition but that's too rich for my blood. 

21 minutes ago, Bluesnik said:

That's one I want to vindicate as well. A brilliant album. Though it's a Bowie production, who wanted to appropriate Lou Reed. Hence the strong make up.

Regardless of commercial or style orientations/appropriations, the songs are excellent. I totally agree with you that it is one of the best Lou Reed discs, period. 

25 minutes ago, Jim Duckworth said:

This was the edition of the Mothers  the first time I saw Zappa.  I loved it, but was decidedly disappointed by the studio record made by this line up.  This is much closer to the music I enjoyed, as nearly as I can recall at this late juncture, that fateful night back when I was 16. 

This band is untouchable and yeah I much prefer the live material over the studio albums.

Zw.jpeg

Back in the heyday of grunge, I was a big fan of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains. It was only a few years later when I discovered Screaming Trees, together with Mudhoney, Melvins or Mother Love Bone. Overall, a great bunch a groups with a very distinctive sound, which in my view has aged well.

RIP Mark Lanegan.

Edited by EKE BBB