What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, BFrank said:

a3734439125_16.jpg

That must have been an early PRS, because the headstock is bit akward and because it still doesn't carry the bird inlays.

22 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

EF3EE2DD-FE03-4D17-A29F-608B4F681B30.jpeg

I really like and discovered U2 with the following album, October. It's their second, produced by Steve Lillywhite and it's my favorite U2. This one's also great as it was their first and from the beginning. They did a later album with the same boy on the cover. Some years later and a bit bigger. I also like very much Echo and the Bunnymen. :tup

Edited by Bluesnik

To me the two bands that best define the 80s for me are The Smiths and Talking Heads. From Talking Heads I prefer their four first over the later, when they were already mainstream. But the best for me is Remain in Light, from 1980, the fourth. It's produced between David Byrne and Brian Eno, and presents a very interesting African influence and polyrythms. Another album I like very, very much from the same time period (80/81) is My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, which the pair also did together. Look up the list of samples it contains. It is overwhelming. From African Bushmen, to chants from Ethopia, to lebanese mountain singers...

Edited by Bluesnik

10 hours ago, Bluesnik said:

That must have been an early PRS, because the headstock is bit akward and because it still doesn't carry the bird inlays.

I really like and discovered U2 with the following album, October. It's their second, produced by Steve Lillywhite and it's my favorite U2. This one's also great as it was their first and from the beginning. They did a later album with the same boy on the cover. Some years later and a bit bigger. I also like very much Echo and the Bunnymen. :tup

That Grissom album is from 2011, but he has some sort of contract with PRS, so it could be an early one that he got directly from PRS himself.

Other early 80s Brit bands that were good: The Primitives, The Chameleons UK and the Charlatans UK

12 hours ago, BFrank said:

That Grissom album is from 2011, but he has some sort of contract with PRS, so it could be an early one that he got directly from PRS himself.

Yeah, I guess it must be that, because the operating start from PRS is 1985. And The Blow Monkeys are my favorite 80s band, despite of what I said. That's in hindsight but I remember how The Blow Monkeys (I heard some REAL blow monkeys in jungles later) blew me away in 1985 or so. With their first, Limping for a generation. After that they were not as good anymore.

Edited by Bluesnik