What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now spinning:

816T-LWlD4L._SX595_.jpg

I love how Bootsy constantly sounds like he's on the verge of cracking up, busting out into laughter.  I can't think of anything else like this (aside from other Bootsy-related things)... So full of joy and hilarity !!!

:wub:

3 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Sly - Life

If Sly meets your definition of "rock."  

It's definitely NOT rock, imo.  But this thread has sorta evolved into "Post anything EXCEPT jazz or classical" -- and in that sense, it works perfectly here.

:tup ;) 

Edited by HutchFan

4 hours ago, mjzee said:

Jim Keltner and Mike Watt?!?!?  What's that like?

Hard to explain. It starts out kind of surf-y, but veers off in other directions later on. You might want to look for some Mike Baggetta online to get a sense of what kind of guitar player he is.

I saw him with his other trio w/Watt in "mssv" last year. Kind of astounding.

54DsrDWBonH9oQ1TikwIunaXXCPNudIeGZJFOHnfIUVaQT2Vr6CxFprHBgpPx031ULunAEHhzXi4xf-dxh2StgNd5hNFo7vFmowjLzYWvdpNckGwMXXlmy3v6LhPW1yNunKRyOh52lqAMV_ODmrnXYJHJOFm0CDgxW0YOY8Ok49PYIpVeADZUEGsmtjEMOKedmq9tQw5WieJr8ZzrehyXmJIqo66eDXVUxoO2o537eaqU06zV0hf0aLCd50jZz_r0UC3g1srmJtnm13AwCYoJh_7CtJivrVHMl8qrGzjmROyMtp_LULw75wzRI-D10NIeo5YI6VdELqxyydl5dCCTKR7OWj0OIC7LjEfh24gyZrjndtt7ODzQK1K7TPBWmnOpsQ0gRoDLDfebIkq6ZL2NvOZPzsyQLLoIOszLL6M549SXg21aLYRUZFAe9tgv_W83IU7JshItW3IlEzxeaHK4C3t_sAbCtuzEgtUtkGPW5QApaazDWxhg8VC0vxO0UHZVMxe0c6NWFzYZsbSPgECbe8qhV1W8cgd49y1FodkdGydBa8TOkhsCfa_cEXlxGp-cNoudB-VD4ukf4Q2ySmOmC0S567FrjDUKJxZrRx_7Fb7WO2NWOA7tDqwEBx85FMBtYSsx8P5-_oWNgpm_Lucd3MORX1TsczwXSZUSWnG5DlVDQED_XMxxfJ336Kh_zbe1wC_tnrZxY0CVo10RFO99epTtQNOVl0BAjPVreTpZ4bZm38hVrfMQv-tg6Rpl60XYVcb1H4MiUjSMIz5hS2LfDSluOHkUC-yZ3Q17NoraGJqtuk781AEoGH3Z-vnMbRVDD_335q5h0JBmjYJx-cGCgYe7CdA6CCH7Jzf8zbFvN1upWMQmC0zzSr5IJ9W0hvzxXe__eivG6E0iJYTBoV0OoCxIsv75m-psTLe9MB0mZNwVA=w1922-h1281-no?authuser=0

13 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

816T-LWlD4L._SX595_.jpg

I love how Bootsy constantly sounds like he's on the verge of cracking up, busting out into laughter.  I can't think of anything else like this (aside from other Bootsy-related things)... So full of joy and hilarity !!!

Groove machine ....

On 3/12/2023 at 8:06 AM, soulpope said:

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b273d159291c862cafdcdc69cfd8

a084154b4bca9aab05cd0c63b08ac44f0e6bbbe4

On 3/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, soulpope said:

R-20667229-1634749869-6746.jpg

Killer selections 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, HutchFan said:

Now spinning:

816T-LWlD4L._SX595_.jpg

It's definitely NOT rock, imo.  But this thread has sorta evolved into "Post anything EXCEPT jazz or classical" -- and in that sense, it works perfectly here.

:tup ;) 

Bootsy's albums are fantastic. Always put me in a good mood. 

On 3/7/2023 at 6:23 PM, ghost of miles said:

JLPOBCover.jpg

Thirteen year old me got this record when it came out-I had listened to it for many years before I started coming across the received critical wisdom that to some extent still colors the general perception of this release. My experience with this record was quite different than that of the critics...of course I was thirteen-what did I know?

12 hours ago, Jim Duckworth said:

Thirteen year old me got this record when it came out-I had listened to it for many years before I started coming across the received critical wisdom that to some extent still colors the general perception of this release. My experience with this record was quite different than that of the critics...of course I was thirteen-what did I know?

It seems to rate highly in the critical canon today, but did it get a cool reception when it came out? Interesting that Lennon and McCartney both put out such stripped-down records for their respective solo debuts. The Lennon one hits pretty deep with me whenever I listen to it.