Jump to content

Mosaic's Black and White label box set


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, 2scoops said:

The carrier they are using, Asendia, get dreadful reviews on Trustpilot. I'm still waiting for order to ship, a week after being notified. 

Almost 2 weeks (July 15) since my box was supposed to have been sent plus the tracking number when placed into the Asendia site repeatedly has come back as "Item Not Found". Anyone else from Australia had any better luck?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, romualdo said:

Almost 2 weeks (July 15) since my box was supposed to have been sent plus the tracking number when placed into the Asendia site repeatedly has come back as "Item Not Found". Anyone else from Australia had any better luck?

Have you tried the universal tracking - parcelsapp.com? It gives more information than the Asendia site although my tracking hasn't ben updated since 19 July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My tracking number gave me no relevant info for nearly two weeks. . . and when I got a response from Fred it was with a different tracking number and was out for delivery. Have you used the contact page from Mosaic? That was where and how I finally got a response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jazzbo said:

My tracking number gave me no relevant info for nearly two weeks. . . and when I got a response from Fred it was with a different tracking number and was out for delivery. Have you used the contact page from Mosaic? That was where and how I finally got a response.

I have sent an email to Fred and repeated again via the contact form, so far no response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Indeed. Arrived in less than two days, from Spain to Italy! Wonderful set.

Same here, Barcelona to Paris. On CD1, great sound, and already impressive variety. Thick booklet with interesting pictures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine arrived out of the blue this morning. I'd only heard yesterday that it was in transit (generic email from Fred apologising that tracking numbers wouldn't work). I'd not received any tracking number or any email from Mosaic confirming my purchase. I was pretty relaxed as things usually work out but Mosaic's system seems not to be working so well. Luckily Fred is quick to respond but I'd rather not bother him and risk appearing too paranoid about lost orders etc. Anyway enjoying disc one. I've a couple of B&W 78s somewhere but neither sound as good as the transfers here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting to read that, thanks for the input. That explains why my tracking info hasn't updated. Fingers crossed mine arrives in the next day or so.

Out of interest, did you have to pay any customs/VAT fees etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody else have an order for the Black and White set that is still listed as ‘processing’? Have sent an email to Mosaic and am awaiting a response. I’m not in a huge rush, but I can’t recall any other pre-order taking this long to ship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, street singer said:

Anybody else have an order for the Black and White set that is still listed as ‘processing’? Have sent an email to Mosaic and am awaiting a response. I’m not in a huge rush, but I can’t recall any other pre-order taking this long to ship. 

I got an email from Fred without asking about my order:

Thank you very much for the order.

Unfortunately the tracking # sent is not valid. Your order has been processed and shipped and is now in your country. Your package should be out for delivery from your local post office within the next few days.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Fred

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mosaic outsourced their shipping a few years ago. For European orders they use Asendia, a joint venture launched by French La Poste and Swiss Post, and they (Asendia) cooperate with USPS. European orders are sent in bulk from the US to a central point overseas, from where each order is forwarded to its ultimate destination. To be honest I'm not too impressed with the service Asendia provides, it took a long time for my order to even leave the "processing" stage. Dutch Post informed me that they plan to deliver the set Thursday morning, after some delay. Finally...

Edited by J.A.W.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 2scoops said:

Have you tried the universal tracking - parcelsapp.com? It gives more information than the Asendia site although my tracking hasn't ben updated since 19 July.

thanks for the tip - tried it with no luck - I suspect that code is actually not a tracking #

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 2scoops said:

Interesting to read that, thanks for the input. That explains why my tracking info hasn't updated. Fingers crossed mine arrives in the next day or so.

Out of interest, did you have to pay any customs/VAT fees etc?

Not yet . The parcel doesn’t appear to passed through customs but I’m wary of celebrating as in the past I’ve received requests from the carrier (DHL as I recall) to pay up. Interestingly the declared value of the set was set at $150 whereas to date Mosaics have had a declared value of around $30.  Despite Brexit it’s probably time to switch to Jazzmessengers for my mosaic sets. It’s a pity as I’ve always wanted to support Mosaic directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, miles65 said:

Had to pay 41,71 euro's taxes and what have you. But my set will be delvered tomorrow.

That's exactly the amount (21% VAT + 4 euros handling fee) I paid on Monday. Dutch Post told me on Monday it would be delivered the next morning: nothing; the next few days the same thing happened. This morning they notified me the set would be delivered tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it...

Edited by J.A.W.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't Marshal Royal playing clarinet rather than alto on some of the McVea cuts or has my hearing deteriorated even more than thought?   The personnel listings only show him on alto. 

Edited by medjuck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, medjuck said:

Isn't Marshal Royal playing clarinet rather than alto on some of the McVea cuts or has my hearing deteriorated even more than thought?   The personnel listings only show him on alto. 

I have some nice clarinet solos by Royal w McVea on one of those Swedish compilations, sounds very plausible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, miles65 said:

Postponed til Tuesday

Mine has just arrived, 5 days after I paid VAT. In my experience it usually takes that long for Dutch Post to receive the item from Customs after VAT and the handling fee have been paid.

Edited by J.A.W.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 0:58 PM, J.A.W. said:

That's exactly the amount (21% VAT + 4 euros handling fee) I paid on Monday. Dutch Post told me on Monday it would be delivered the next morning: nothing; the next few days the same thing happened. This morning they notified me the set would be delivered tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it...

 

6 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Mine has just arrived, 5 days after I paid VAT. In my experience it usually takes that long for Dutch Post to receive the item from Customs after VAT and the handling fee have been paid.

 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, miles65 said:

Had to pay 41,71 euro's taxes and what have you. But my set will be delvered tomorrow.

Nice!

NB: after all the JazzMessengers cost was lower: 189 < 221,3 (=179,6+37,7+4)

Edited by RiRiIII
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RiRiIII said:

 

 

Nice!

NB: after all the JazzMessengers cost was lower: 189 < 221,3 (=179,6+37,7+4)

I'll be ordering Mosaics from JazzMessengers again from now on. I was tempted by the pre-order price Mosaic was offering, that's why I ordered the B&W set directly from them, but seeing that JM's price was roughly the same pre-VAT I wish I had ordered it from them and saved me the hassle - and extra cost. Oh well.

Edited by J.A.W.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...