LF: Joe Chambers - The Almoravid LP

11 hours ago, felser said:

Image result for joe chambers almoravid

Image result for joe chambers almoravid

That 32 Jazz CD is an absolute classic of their appalling photoshop design. So bad that it is bound to become a highly sought collectable. I’ve stuck with mine. :D

1 hour ago, BFrank said:

Has Joe Chambers/Larry Young "Double Exposure" ever been released on CD?

Don’t think I’ve ever seen it on CD. I have the LP version.

11 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Which is a shame, because it's a lovely and unique album. I'd pay $20 for a CD of Double Exposure, pretty gladly. Maybe $25?

Me, too! I have the LP, but don't have a set-up to play records anymore.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, BFrank said:

Me, too! I have the LP, but don't have a set-up to play records anymore.

I have an LP of Double Exposure, which is a relatively recent repressing that I got from Dusty Groove about 5-6 years ago.  I seem to vaguely remember having some doubts about the repressing being legit (or not), but regardless -- it sounds good on my admittedly low-tech turntable and amp.  I rarely buy much vinyl, but occasionally I'll have a moment of weakness, and get something on vinyl -- even though I have a strong preference for CD's.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• 3 years later...

Muse LPs have appeared as reissues a fair bit over the last decade or so, I'm never sure of their provenance though.  They look like Muse, the sound like Muse but who's behind them I have no idea.  I see this listing has Muse as the label rather than a reissue label so it could be the same with this.

It's a great album. I see I started this thread, well I ended up investing in the original LP and never regretted it

4 hours ago, Pim said:

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/120858?cat=jazz&incl_cs=1&no_incl_in=1&sort_order=release_date

reissue is upcoming. But I am not aware of any Muse reissue program so wonder who’s going to bring this out. 

Rough Trade says it's from "Life Goes On": https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/joe-chambers/the-almoravid

According to discogs, Life Goes On is a bootleg label: "Record label out of Europe. Releases are comprised of unofficial reissues for out-of-print albums."

Edited by bresna

1 hour ago, bresna said:

Rough Trade says it's from "Life Goes On": https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/joe-chambers/the-almoravid

According to discogs, Life Goes On is a bootleg label: "Record label out of Europe. Releases are comprised of unofficial reissues for out-of-print albums."

Thanks! In that case I’ll pass.

Edited by Pim