Tubby Hayes - The Complete Fontana Albums (September 27, 2019)

On 15/10/2019 at 6:48 PM, Bluesnik said:

One is waiting for me at Jazz Messengers, the brick and mortar shop. It's reserved. Then I'll have it before December 6th. :huh:

I though JazzMessengers had performed a miracle for a minute !

Hopefully shipments to the ‘mainland’ won’t be impacted 6th Dec..:rolleyes:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just tried to preorder this from Australia & get this message (see below) - even though it states on the page that this item can be delivered to Australia

Of course the new-ish Australian Amazon site does not list it at all. So it looks like people in the states can order via the UK Amazon site? What gives??

We are unable to ship non-digital items from amazon.co.uk to Australian shipping addresses.

Please choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item.

Just ordered the CD set. Curious about this MQA thing. Roon can decode MQA but I have no such material to play.  I wonder if Roon will recognize this as MQA material after ripping with dBpoweramp.

Edit: Well, it seems it will work according to this discussion. Should be interesting.

Edited by Misterioso

On 11/20/2019 at 0:05 AM, mjzee said:

Good catch--I kept typing "Tubby Hayes Fontana" in my Amazon US searches, so it wasn't coming up.  Amazon UK price is actually better, even with shipping to the U.S. factored in. Really excited to hear this set!

38 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Good catch--I kept typing "Tubby Hayes Fontana" in my Amazon US searches, so it wasn't coming up.  Amazon UK price is actually better, even with shipping to the U.S. factored in. Really excited to hear this set!

I found it by first going to amazon.co.uk (using your link) and copying the ASIN #.  I then pasted that into the search box on Amazon's US site.  This is a good technique to keep in mind in general; I've used it to find Original Album Classics releases that don't seem to come up using word searches.

31 minutes ago, mjzee said:

I found it by first going to amazon.co.uk (using your link) and copying the ASIN #.  I then pasted that into the search box on Amazon's US site.  This is a good technique to keep in mind in general; I've used it to find Original Album Classics releases that don't seem to come up using word searches.

I will keep that in mind, thanks.  It's weirdly frustrating sometimes to locate in-print items on Amazon's website.

11 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Since changing the search function half a year ago they lost me as client ....

Since becoming less- or non- competitive in their CD pricing, they've largely lost me as a music client to ebay/importcds.  But I still buy tons of other stuff (including my last two lawn mowers - free Prime delivery!) from them.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:28 PM, ghost of miles said:

CD version now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

Tubby Hayes Complete Fontana Albums

Just pre-ordered, and with shipping to the U.S. it came to about $69... not bad!

When I click that link, I get £57.89, which is $74.75 before shipping. I am not seeing $69 shipped to a US address.

12 hours ago, sidewinder said:

The Universal site was still showing 8th Dec release date last time I looked. If it drags on further into Jan I will not be a happy camper !

Well, funnily, Amazon just sent me a note apologising for the delay: the set shall be delivered between Dec 28 and 30, when it was to be delivered Jan 23 to 25 upon ordering. That's a funny conception of "delay" :D

• 2 weeks later...