Rashied Ali / Frank Lowe - Duo Exchange

Onxidlib

23 hours ago, Pim said:

If anybody knows where to get this for a reasonable price please let me know. Starting price at Discogs is now 70 euros. That's a little too much for me. I knew I was going to regret it when I didn't order it immediately :(

it has sold out at the bandcamp site

https://rashied-ali.bandcamp.com/album/duo-exchange-complete-sessions

BTW, Amazon Australia still have it as available/in stock   (Aus $54.51 = 34euros)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Duo-Exchange-RASHIED-LOWE-FRANK/dp/B083XS1BNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rashied+ali+duo+exchange&qid=1609402344&s=music&sr=1-1

Edited by romualdo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, romualdo said:

Thanks a lot romualdo. I already ordered it trough Honest Jons. On Rabshakeh's recommendation :)

6 hours ago, Pim said:

Thanks a lot romualdo. I already ordered it trough Honest Jons. On Rabshakeh's recommendation :)

Sorry I missed that. 

Like you I made a spontaneous holiday order (in my case from Italy) and I’m waiting to see what Brexit will do for tax and processing fees crossing Mr Johnson’s new border. 

17 minutes ago, Pim said:

Honest Jon's is a trustworthy seller aren't they? Because ever since my payment they do not give any response nor a shipping confirmation....

I purchased an LP from them to be shipped to the US and had no problem back in 2019 and their rep at that time was good. I know others that have never had issues with them too. Hopefully you get an answer soon. 

Another email helped. Item is unfortunately not avaible :( that was probably my last chance for now... but if somebody knows any options, I would love to know of course!

amazon Australia does not ship to the Netherlands unfortunately. And Clifford’s option is a bit too expansive as almost everything from the US is taxed by import customs. But thanks anyway guys!

Edited by Pim

1 hour ago, Pim said:

Another email helped. Item is unfortunately not avaible :( that was probably my last chance for now... but if somebody knows any options, I would love to know of course!

amazon Australia does not ship to the Netherlands unfortunately. And Clifford’s option is a bit too expansive as almost everything from the US is taxed by import customs. But thanks anyway guys!

Sorry you missed it. Seems to be the way with new vinyl - by the time you wake up to it, it’s gone. 

2 hours ago, Pim said:

Honest Jon's is a trustworthy seller aren't they? Because ever since my payment they do not give any response nor a shipping confirmation....

They are trustworthy and it's very unusual for their listings to be out of date. Happened once in over 15 years to me so that really is bad luck. They can be slower than others on shipping sometimes but hey always get there in the end.

I hope you find a copy Pim

3 hours ago, Pim said:

I spoke with them regarding an order over the last few days and it sounded like they were run off their feet with the current quantity of shipments. 

My order was placed earlier this week and as yet, no shipping note. From the conversation, looks like it might be shipped next week. Business is obviously booming !

Edited by sidewinder

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

You make me sad. So be it. Come Patsy!

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

They are trustworthy and it's very unusual for their listings to be out of date. Happened once in over 15 years to me so that really is bad luck. They can be slower than others on shipping sometimes but hey always get there in the end.

I hope you find a copy Pim

I have a bit of a feeling it has something to do with the Brexit, ambiguity around new shipping rules but perhaps I am too suspicious. I would understand though.

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

At least it’s better than that 30 run Marzette Watts repressing that ESP did.

that's an incredible record but I don't really understand their model in this case. Easier to just find an original or an old Abraxas boot. I would suspect the only time anyone got paid was 54 years ago for the tape.

also: regarding Survival, keep your ears to the ground on the Watts angle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fantastic music and what a great reissue. Beautiful packaging and a great remaster, though the original distortion remains ( but that’s part of its charm). what surprised me the most was the quality of all the new material. It’s definitely essential stuff. Even the rehearsal and soundcheck takes. 

Really looking forward to more Survival reissues. Both the website and the sticker on my sealed LP suggested there was more to come. So.... what will be next :)

• 2 years later...