Live Streaming Concerts

kh1958

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ken Dryden said:

I think that may be the 1970 Duke Ellington show offered on Concert Vault, but I haven't checked. I recorded the Eubie Blake 1977 set (recorded aboard the Riverboat SS President) when Jazz Alive! aired it circa 1978, though it is also a part of Concert Vault's offerings.I'll try to tune in to some of their webcasts, though their scheduling is awful for some of the ones I want to hear.

The Duke Ellington set from 1970 was indeed from the Concert Vault. But I had not heard it before and found it thrilling. five songs, including Johnny Hodges soloing on New Orleans Blues in New Orleans; an electrifying version of Triplicate (Paul Gonsalves, Harold Ashby; Norris Turney). The band was roaring with Wild Bill Davis on organ.

I can't wait to hear the Mingus set tomorrow.

New livestream from Village Vangaurd

Joel Ross IMMANUEL WILKINS

JOEL ROSS & IMMANUEL WILKINS

MAY 7 ‑ MAY 9

NEW STREAM!

Immanuel Wilkins – Alto Saxophone

Joel Ross – Vibraphone

$10

Show is available from Friday – Sunday

Get Tickets!

Smalls and Mezzrow

CAROLINE DAVIS QUINTET
SPONSORED ANONYMOUSLY BY A SMALLSLIVE SUPPORTING MEMBER

LIVE AT SMALLS
THU MAY 06
SETS AT 6:00PM  7:30PM
6:00 PM TICKET7:30 PM TICKET 
SULLIVAN FORTNER, KASSA OVERALL & AMEEN SALEEM

DOORS OPEN AT 7 PM 
LIVE AT MEZZROW
FRI MAY 07
SETS AT 7:30PM  9:00PM
07:30 PM TICKET09:00 PM TICKET
STACY DILLARD QUARTET

LIVE AT SMALLS
SAT MAY 08
SETS AT 9:00PM  10:30PM
9:00 PM TICKET10:30 PM TICKET

SMOKE SCREENS PRESENTS: THE MARC CARY TRIO FEATURING NASHEET WAITS & RASHAAN CARTER

Marc-Cary-1

FRIDAY MAY 14 - SATURDAY MAY 15 / LIVE STREAMED / 8PM EST

“Cary shows how creatively he can stretch cool piano-jazz swingers over complex and cutting-edge rhythms, producing music that sounds old and new at once.” – The Guardian

Marc Cary leads a mesmerizing trio featuring  Nasheet Waits and Rashaan Carter in two nights of livestreaming concerts.  One of New York’s best jazz pianists, Cary has been a singular presence in New York for three decades including celebrated work with Betty Carter and Abbey Lincoln. Today, he is at the forefront of the musically diverse, genre blending contemporary jazz scene. As The New York Times observed, “There isn’t much in the modern-jazz-musician tool kit that Marc Cary hasn’t mastered, but he has a particular subspecialty in the area of groove…with a range of rhythmic strategies, from a deep-house pulse to a swinging churn.”

This weekend: Keystone Korner

The T.K.Blue/Billy Harper Quintet will play music from The Rhythms Continue on JAJA Records, a suite dedicated to NEA Jazz Master Dr Randy Weston. 

T.K. Blue (Saxophonist/Flautist): composer, educator, bandleader and former musical director and arranger for NEA Jazz Master Randy Weston. T.K. Blue appears on over eighty recordings and has performed with such artists as Don Cherry, Abdullah Ibrahim, Sam Rivers, Archie Shepp, Dizzy Gillespie, Pharoah Sanders, Melba Liston, Chico Hamilton, Stefon Harris, Regina Carter, Bobby McFerrin, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jimmy Scott, Jayne Cortez, Benny Powell, Mal Waldron, Winard Harper, Warren Wolf, Gregoire Maret, Allan Harris, Candido Camera, Bobby Sanabria, Steve Turre, Arturo O’Farrill, David Murray and Hale Smith to name just a few. In May 2017, T.K. released Amour, his 11th CD, cited as one of the best jazz recordings of the year by DownBeat Magazine (four stars). Deeply indebted to organizations such as Jazzmobile, Jazz-interactions, Henry Street Settlement, and the Muse for his own jazz studies, T.K. has remained committed to music education from pre-K to the university level. In addition Professor Blue has a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts from NYU, with a major in Music and Psychology, and a Master’s in Music Education from Teacher’s College, Columbia University. He has taught at Suffolk Community College, Montclair State University, and Long Island University where he was also the Director of Jazz Studies from 2007 to 2014. In 2007, T.K was commissioned by NYSCA and Transart Inc. to compose a work dedicated to the early African American presence in the Hudson Valley area of upstate New York. He released Follow the North Star, a suite based on the life of Solomon Northup and his memoir, Twelve Years a Slave.

The Rhythms Continue, T.K. Blue's new suite, is made up of compositions by T.K. Blue, Melba Liston and Randy Weston, featuring an ensemble of musicians who are well-versed in the Africans Rhythms, jazz sensibility and passionate intensity that is hallmark to the compositions of master Randy Weston.

Billy Harper is one of a generation of Coltrane-influenced tenor saxophonists who actually built upon the master's work, rather than simply copy it. Harper is consummately well-rounded, able to play convincingly in any context, from bop to free. His muscular tone, lithe articulation, comprehensive harmonic knowledge, and unflagging energy define him as a saxophonist. He's also possessed of an abundant imagination that connects directly to his blues and gospel roots. 

Allyn Johnson--piano
Eric Kennedy--drums 
Herman Burney--bass 

1554525122591_mobileLarge.jpg

The Cookers

This band is an amazing collection of veteran jazz musicians: Billy Hart (drums), Cecil McBee (bass), Eddie Henderson (trumpet), David Weiss (trumpet), Donald Harrison (sax), Billy Harper (sax) and George Cables (piano). Individually, they've been at the core of the post-bop jazz scene for decades. As a group, they've been thrilling audiences around the world for years. Don't miss out on this incredible show, LIVE & ONLINE on May 28-30, 2021!

Fri, May 28, 7:30 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Fri, May 28, 7:30 PM 
$10 + $1.20 fee
Fri, May 28, 9:30 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Sat, May 29, 7:30 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Sat, May 29, 7:30 PM 
$10 + $1.20 fee
Sat, May 29, 9:30 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Sun, May 30, 5 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Sun, May 30, 5 PM 
$10 + $1.20 fee
Sun, May 30, 7:30 PM 
$45 + $1.90 fee
Sun, May 30, 7:30 PM 
$10 + $1.20 fee
KeystoneKornerBaltimore.jpg

Keystone Korner Baltimore

1350 Lancaster Street Baltimore, MD 21231

• 410-946-6726
  • Map

Please note: You are buying tickets that are not refundable or exchangeable. Food and beverage are not included in the ticket price. Seating is done on a first come, first served basis. Flash photography is not allowed. Please review our additional purchase policies.

We offer 2 types of seating. Premium Seating is closest to the stage with the most direct views of the live performances. Bar Seating/General Admission is further from the stage, but with the same excellent sound.

• 3 weeks later...

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
THIS WEEKEND: DAVE HOLLAND QUARTET
"A master bassist and bandleader, one of the most sophisticated composers and arrangers in the jazz world."
- The Boston Globe

It's almost summer, the weather is beautiful, and we hope to be open in September. Until then, we're still streaming! Starting Friday at 8 PM EDT, Dave Holland's December 2020 performance will be rebroadcast for the weekend. The set features Dave Holland on bass, Jaleel Shaw on saxophone, Steve Nelson on vibraphone, and Obed Calvaire on drums. Tickets are $10; available on our website. 

SMOKE SCREENS PRESENTS: LOUIS HAYES CANNONBALL LEGACY BAND

louishayes

FRIDAY JUNE 4 - SATURDAY JUNE 5 / STREAMED LIVE / 8PM EST

Jeremy Pelt (trumpet)
Vincent Herring (piano)
Rick Germanson (piano)
David “Happy” Williams (bass)
Louis Hayes (drums)

15 hours ago, kh1958 said:

THIS WEEKEND: DAVE HOLLAND QUARTET
"A master bassist and bandleader, one of the most sophisticated composers and arrangers in the jazz world."
- The Boston Globe

It's almost summer, the weather is beautiful, and we hope to be open in September. Until then, we're still streaming! Starting Friday at 8 PM EDT, Dave Holland's December 2020 performance will be rebroadcast for the weekend. The set features Dave Holland on bass, Jaleel Shaw on saxophone, Steve Nelson on vibraphone, and Obed Calvaire on drums. Tickets are $10; available on our website. 

This show is from December, but it was REALLY good. I think I saw 2 of those shows that weekend. I might have to watch it again.

9 hours ago, BFrank said:

This show is from December, but it was REALLY good. I think I saw 2 of those shows that weekend. I might have to watch it again.

I missed that one. Currently listening to (and really liking) the new Dave Holland release (Another Land).

Edited by kh1958

On 6/4/2021 at 0:24 AM, BFrank said:

Listened to a Dave Holland VV set last night; it was quite good.