COVID-19 III: No Politics For Thee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Guy Berger said:

Let me flip this, it's actually *relatively* good news - places that have managed to significantly reduce cases can now catch and end outbreaks early.

Try again.  They didn't end anything, 100 million people are on renewed lockdown.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/over-100-million-in-china-e2-80-99s-northeast-face-renewed-lockdown/ar-BB14ev9M

32 minutes ago, Soulstation1 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/19/costco-employee-takes-customers-cart-away-refusing-to-wear-mask-coronavirus/

simple you want to shop at Costco wear a Freaking mask 

you don’t like it

ask for a refund of your memebership 

I’ve read articles recently where these kinds of incidents have become confrontational and violent. Managers and employees are right but these incidents have also become political.

Unless the law has changed, when entering private property you don’t have the to decide what rules of the property owner you wish to comply with. 

6 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Try again.  They didn't end anything, 100 million people are on renewed lockdown.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/over-100-million-in-china-e2-80-99s-northeast-face-renewed-lockdown/ar-BB14ev9M

And they'll lift the new lockdown once the latest outbreak ends, presumably quicker than the initial one in Wuhan.

This is a highly contagious illness without a vaccine and very low immunity among the population - you'll periodically have flareups even in countries that are doing a good job.  But in those countries, the flareups will typically be smaller/shorter.

8 minutes ago, Guy Berger said:

And they'll lift the new lockdown once the latest outbreak ends, presumably quicker than the initial one in Wuhan.

This is a highly contagious illness without a vaccine and very low immunity among the population - you'll periodically have flareups even in countries that are doing a good job.  But in those countries, the flareups will typically be smaller/shorter.

And "many" more will die!

50 minutes ago, Justin V said:

A coworker my wife works closely with has tested positive.  My wife spent a lot of time with her during the incubation period.  We are all healthy so far.  Here's hoping that no one else got infected. :(

Praying for your wife (and for you).

1 hour ago, Justin V said:

A coworker my wife works closely with has tested positive.  My wife spent a lot of time with her during the incubation period.  We are all healthy so far.  Here's hoping that no one else got infected. :(

Hope everyone is ok.

7 hours ago, bresna said:

My oldest daughter's childhood friend and her husband got it. Even though they're both only 30 years old, it's really doing a number on them. My daughter's friend says it's just like the regular flu for her but her husband is having serious breathing problems and they're talking about putting him on a ventilator if it doesn't start getting better. I've read that once you get put on a ventilator, your chance of survival drops quite a bit.

I think (don't really know) that it's not cause and effect-- you don't get put on a ventilator till you're in big trouble.  Presumably. the ventilator increases your chance of survival. 

Being young is no guarantee. Mara Gay, who is a member of The NY Times Editorial Board, is young and a runner and she got it and as she says in the following article “The day before I got sick, I ran three miles, walked 10 more, then raced up the stairs to my fifth-floor apartment as always, slinging laundry with me as I went. The next day, April 17, I became one of the thousands of New Yorkers to fall ill with Covid-19. I haven’t felt the same since.”

‘I Wish I Could Do Something for You,’ My Doctor Said

Ontario public schools will remain remote learning through end of school year (late June for us).  Some talk of doing some pilots over the summer to see what social distancing in Sept. looks like.  Basically in many, though not all, schools there will not be enough rooms and certainly not enough teachers to thin classes out to 10 or fewer (average class size about 25 in Toronto last year).  Not following what's going on in Quebec as closely.  I think they were going to try to open schools except Montreal, but there may have been some setbacks.  In general, I do think the Quebec premiere is moving too fast with reopening.