2.  Artemis - Frida 07:20 

3.  Artemis - The Fool On The Hill 06:12 

4.  Artemis - Big Top 05:01 

5.  Artemis - If Its Magic 03:27 

6.  Artemis - Nocturno 05:27 

7.  Artemis - Step Forward 06:25 

8.  Artemis - Cry Buttercup Cry 05:29 

9.  Artemis - The Sidewinder 05:05 

ARTEMIS is a supergroup comprising seven of the most acclaimed musicians in modern jazz. Featuring pianist and musical director Renee Rosnes, tenor saxophonist Melissa Aldana, clarinetist Anat Cohen, trumpeter Ingrid Jensen, bassist Noriko Ueda, drummer Allison Miller, and featured vocalist Cécile McLorin Salvant, ARTEMIS conjures a powerful collective voice. The group is distinctive not only for bringing together seven singular artists, each renowned for their own remarkable solo career; but for its multi-generational and globe-spanning line-up, with members hailing from the US, Canada, France, Chile, Israel, and Japan. The band’s self-titled debut album is a superb nine-song set that features material composed and/or arranged by each of the band’s six instrumentalists. ARTEMIS unfurls with a dynamic flow, stunningly eclectic yet entirely cohesive.

On a sunny August afternoon in 2018, I was among the thousands of fans attending the Newport Jazz Festival who had their minds blown by ARTEMIS,” says Blue Note President Don Was. Although each individual member of this supergroup is a bona fide jazz titan, these incredible musicians dwell in the rarefied air of bands whose whole is greater than the sum of its already sublime parts. Their musical conversation is sophisticated, soulful and powerful and their groove runs deep.”

Tracklisting:

1.    Goddess of the Hunt
2.    Frida
3.    The Fool On The Hill
4.    Big Top
5.    If It’s Magic
6.    Nocturno
7.    Step Forward
8.    Cry Buttercup Cry
9.    The Sidewinder

UPCs:

Standard Digital Album: 00602508937354

MFIT Digital Album: 00602508937361

HRA Digital Album: 00602508937378

CD: 00602508937385

Vinyl: 00602508937408

Proudly presented by Blue Note Records: Don Was, Rachel Jones, Cem Kurosman, Justin Seltzer, Melissa Cohen and Alex Anastasi.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, bresna said:

I finally got around to picking this up yesterday. What a beautiful record. This is going to warrant repeated listens.

R-15948364-1600898952-2259.jpeg.jpg

Strange CD artwork though. Just the blue edges with Blue & Note and the word Artemis at the top. Here's a picture from discogs but I don't what those metal strips are for.

R-17592796-1615023337-6207.jpeg.jpg

My copy doesn’t have those strips or the sticker.

10 minutes ago, AaronG said:

My copy doesn’t have those strips or the sticker.

Neither does mine. They look to be some sort of anti-theft strips and the sticker appears to be from a university library. What's weird is that those metal strips can't help anything when that disc is spinning in a CD player. The balance must be all off and that would result in more errors.

I am going to scan my US CD and add it to the US discogs entry later. This picture is from the EU CD on discogs.