Gary Sisco - RIP

A longtime contributor to the old Jazz Central Station & Jazz Corner forums, Gary Sisco, died on September 17th. Even though I haven't seen or heard from Gary in many years, this still bums me out. He was quite the character, both on-line and in person.

He used to live in this beautiful house on a hill in Jeffersonville, Vermont that he designed himself to make it so that Bronwyn could get around in her wheelchair. Being fellow Jazz fans, I used to plan my regular business trips to IBM in Burlington so that I could go to a show or two and visit with him & his wife Bronwyn at their manse. Bronwyn and Gary were great hosts and we stayed up into the wee hours of the night debating world events, usually over a few beers or in Sisco's case, a few joints. I was shocked when he told me they were selling that beautiful place and moving to Kentucky to be in horse country. I still remember that beautiful view out the windows.

RIP Crispo. The world is less one cantankerous old devil and we are the worse for it.

10 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Lots of back and forth over the decades but some time back he "unfriended" me, probably about politics.

Didn't know the guy, sorry to hear he's died, but after reading that obit, the idea that Chuck was apparently too far to the right for a fellow traveler made me chuckle.

13 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Lots of back and forth over the decades but some time back he "unfriended" me, probably about politics.

He was pretty prickly about some topics... I'm sure you are not the only one he unfriended over some slight political disagreement. He had an especially thin skin when talking about the military and/or veteran affairs. Given his years in the service, he had firm beliefs about that, with little wiggle room, especially if you hadn't served yourself.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sadly, I recently leaned on Facebook that Gary's wife Bronwyn passed away last week (8/6). The only place I was able to confirm it was a Go Fund Me page started by a friend of hers to bring her to home to Vermont for hospice: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bring-bronwyn-to-vermont

The latest update for that Go Fund Me:

Dear Friends, Bronwyn died peacefully early this afternoon. She was very grateful for her time in Vermont, a feat made possible by this gofundme. Bronwyn was gripped by paralysis and pain for 30 years but never stopped looking forward. As a hospice patient she had been able to up her meds and have a more comfortable last few months. Thank you all for donating, it made a huge difference. ❤ Margie