Special Offer/Fundraiser: Turn Me Loose White Man

as some of you know, my current project,

Turn Me Loose White Man: Or Appropriating Culture: How To Listen to American Music 1900-1960

has expanded; the book is now 2 Volumes, and I expect Vol. 2 to be out Spring of 2021 (working on it as this posts).

I say, immodestly, that this is the best thing of its kind around. We cover everything from minstrel song to ragtime, blues, jazz, gospel, country, hillbilly, soul, folk, rock and rockabilly, etc. There is commentary, context, expert musical analysis, and the music itself.

We have had a lot of raves for the project, which comes with, as I said, 2 books, plus a 30 CD set of all the music. There are intros by Greil Marcus and Greg Tate and a nice blurb by Robin D.G. Kelley. I have to admit, though it won't bankrupt me, going to the second volume has cost me an extra bit of cash and has been particularly difficult in the time of Covid, as my extra earnings, never particularly high, have slowed considerably.

I need to raise some more cash to get the rest of this out. Here's what I propose: Volume 1 is already in ebook form, and Volume 2 will be available as same (as well as hard copy) in the Spring. For a very limited time (limited to 20 sets) I can offer E book versions of Volume 1 and 2, plus the actual 30 CDs, for $100 plus shipping ($5 media in the USA, $25 to Europe). I can send you the Ebook as either Kindle compatible or for Ibooks/Ipad/Iphone, volume 1 now and volume 2 in the spring. I apologize to all who have already spent a bit more for this, but I have always had to do these projects without institutional support and/or any external grants. It's just the way it is. But I think I can say that with Turn Me Loose we have broken some new ground, critically and historically.

My paypal is allenlowe5@gmail.com. My email is same.

thanks -

Edited by AllenLowe