jcam_44

Coming Nov. 13th on Cuneiform Records. 

2Q==511V2B9xz2L._SX450_.jpg

Vinny Golia - tenor, soprano, & baritone saxophones 

Henry Kaiser - guitar 

Wayne Peet - Hammond B3 & Yamaha YC-45D Organs 

Mike Watt - bass

John Hanrahan - drums

This is a pretty interesting project and I'm looking forward to hearing it. Not surprising Henry says he was inspired by the Yo Miles! series with Wadada. I have my copy pre-ordered. There is a performance with some different personal and some background from Henry Kaiser on the project in the video below. 

Pre-Order = Bandcamp and Amazon

Edited by jcam_44

I’m familiar with Grex version, and from the video with Henry Kaiser they appear to be two different takes on the same inspiration so they shouldn’t have an issue coexisting. If I remember correctly Grex did a set in the valley of a love supreme also with Vinny Golia a couple years ago. I wanted to go but going to the valley is something I do much anymore. 

Edited by jcam_44

1 hour ago, jcam_44 said:

I’m familiar with Grex version, and from the video with Henry Kaiser they appear to be two different takes on the same inspiration so they shouldn’t have an issue coexisting. If I remember correctly Grex did a set in the valley of a love supreme also with Vinny Golia a couple years ago. I wanted to go but going to the valley is something I do much anymore. 

oh of course, there's room for everybody! The opening track on Bandcamp from this Kaiser version rips. Will pick it up.