Album covers of musicians in, under or next to cars or other modes of personal transport.

Dmitry

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I believe that's an E-type Jaguar, in classic English racing green. 

It IS an E-Type, but the paintwork looks more like blue to me - at least on the cover of my V-8511 triangle label pressing. Must have been "Opalescent Dark Blue" or "Cotswold Blue" according to period (1961/62 models) color scheme listings. "Cotswold Blue" appears lighter on photographs of surviving cars in this color but who knows to what extent the printing falsified the actual colors.

4 minutes ago, soulpope said:

61VxYkbHzDL.jpg

Are you sure that's a musician or band member posing there? "Anybody" posing in, on or around a car on a cover is not the subject of this thread. ;)
Dmitry did well to choose that fine difference in the topic of this thread. That adds some welcome thinking and spice to the thread. Just plain "Cars on album covers" would be way too obvious. ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

10 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

It IS an E-Type, but the paintwork looks more like blue to me - at least on the cover of my V-8511 triangle label pressing. Must have been "Opalescent Dark Blue" or "Cotswold Blue" according to period (1961/62 models) color scheme listings. "Cotswold Blue" appears lighter on photographs of surviving cars in this color but who knows to what extent the printing falsified the actual colors.

Looking at all these covers, the E-type Jag must've  been THE car to have in the mid-1960s..

3 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Are you sure that's a musician or band member posing there? "Anybody" posing in, on or around a car on a cover is not the subject of this thread. ;)Dmitry did well to choose that fine difference in the topic of this thread.

Indeed! Got to be the band member or the principal artist. Not some random chick.

1 hour ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Are you sure that's a musician or band member posing there? "Anybody" posing in, on or around a car on a cover is not the subject of this thread. ;)
Dmitry did well to choose that fine difference in the topic of this thread. That adds some welcome thinking and spice to the thread. Just plain "Cars on album covers" would be way too obvious. ;)

As you detected for sure my contributions were focused on covers with artists in cars .... this one erronously doesn't meet the "artist" requierement, my bad ....