Lee Morgan - Complete Live at the Lighthouse

Mark13

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘The Complete Live at The Lighthouse’ by Lee Morgan Review: A Beacon Gone Dark

Trying very hard - and ultimately failing!  -not to LOL at that! Lighthouse/Beacon/Gone Dark...LOL. "Clever" headline writing will be with us forever I suppose.

Otherwise, yeah, 50 ears, gone more than just "dark", LOL.

Azamon still says Arriving Friday!

Azamon is like Santa's sleigh working it's way across the American time zone lands...wonder if we can get a NORAD app to track the progress for all the little boys and girls waiting for their new lee morgan record, go to sleep now, children, lee will be here when you wake up!

I'm lucky in that they usually deliver about 2 or 3 PM, but it's so hot upstairs then this time of year, and after 5 or so I don't get to listen and with Friday (new release day) deliveries I usually don't get to listen on the weekends (working wife . . . so I let her control the weekends) and anticipation builds til Monday.

I look forward to Monday many weeks! (That would be perverse years ago).

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Azamon is like Santa's sleigh working it's way across the American time zone lands...wonder if we can get a NORAD app to track the progress for all the little boys and girls waiting for their new lee morgan record, go to sleep now, children, lee will be here when you wake up!

Maybe a tweak to Flight24 filtering out the ADS-B transponder codes for flights linked to the Lee Morgan Lighthouse Global Rollout.

Express delivery N. America. Clapped out packet steamer European zone.

Edited by sidewinder

1 minute ago, hbbfam said:

Do they ever?  My experience is that importcd is usually cheaper.  Just not as prompt with delivery.

My experience is that they often enough do. At least...after a preordered items is shipped, it's invoiced at a lower/lowest price. That's why I go ahead and preorder where it seems reasonable to do so. The final price is inevitably lower than the price at order.

Now whether or not that's the lowest Azamon price and/or to what degree that price is driven by a price-matching algorithm, I don't know, haven't do an A-B study to find out.

I tried importCDs for a few things, and it did not turn out well (one time VERY not well). so there's that as well. But...let's see what the final Amazon price is and A-B. I'd like to know, myself.

42 minutes ago, JSngry said:

My experience is that they often enough do. At least...after a preordered items is shipped, it's invoiced at a lower/lowest price. That's why I go ahead and preorder where it seems reasonable to do so. The final price is inevitably lower than the price at order.

Now whether or not that's the lowest Azamon price and/or to what degree that price is driven by a price-matching algorithm, I don't know, haven't do an A-B study to find out.

I tried importCDs for a few things, and it did not turn out well (one time VERY not well). so there's that as well. But...let's see what the final Amazon price is and A-B. I'd like to know, myself.

I guess "price match" means that they would match imports price.  I don't know how one could negotiate that.  I also pre-order most releases on Amazon.  I red flag to cancel if I do better elsewhere.  Lately they do not seem to be as competitive w CDs than before.  Often Zia is as good or better and I get to buy locally.

Edited by hbbfam

I think that Azamon probably keeps an eye on competitor's prices as well as their own, but I don't know that for sure.

But it wouldn't be hard for them to do. Their pricing algorithms are pretty aggressive.

I guess another question might be this - does import CDs ever lower their prices on preorders after Azamon ships theirs? I don't order from them anymore, but they could do that, too.

Ok, just checked, it's shipped. Current/shipped price is $71.99 + 8.5% local sales tax. We'll see if I get a "you saved..." email past this.

What is import getting for this item?

19 minutes ago, hbbfam said:

I also pre-order most releases on Amazon.  I red flag to cancel if I do better elsewhere.  Lately they do not seem to be as competitive w CDs than before.  

I agree with all of that.  My extensive experiences with importcds have been outstanding, but I understand others have had issues.

8 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think that Azamon probably keeps an eye on competitor's prices as well as their own, but I don't know that for sure.

But it wouldn't be hard for them to do. Their pricing algorithms are pretty aggressive.

I guess another question might be this - does import CDs ever lower their prices on preorders after Azamon ships theirs? I don't order from them anymore, but they could do that, too.

Ok, just checked, it's shipped. Current/shipped price is $71.99 + 8.5% local sales tax. We'll see if I get a "you saved..." email past this.

What is import getting for this item?

Importcds is 59.46 + 2.99 shipping (or 1.49 for each item after first).  They don't lower pre-order prices.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 11:26 AM, felser said:

$59.52 on importcds.com.  I think those two sites are related at this point, with popmarket.com also being in the umbrella.

That's a significantly lower price, indeed. But those guys...two unsatisfactory and one godawfulhorrible experience. Right now, I can make up the difference somewhere else, thankfully.

Still, that's a significantly lower price.

3 minutes ago, felser said:

I agree with all of that.  My extensive experiences with importcds have been outstanding, but I understand others have had issues.

Importcds is 59.46 + 2.99 shipping (or 1.49 for each item after first).  They don't lower pre-order prices.

Yeah, i got Prime, so shipping is already built into that price, even though it's said to be "free", LOL. NOTHING is free!