Lee Morgan - Complete Live at the Lighthouse

Mark13

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

I NEVER order from MovieMars based on past experience.

I’ve gotten several things over the years from them via eBay (maybe Amazon too?) — but I’m always a little leary of buying from them, and enough that I’m not sure I’d ever buy from them directly.

17 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I’ve gotten several things over the years from them via eBay (maybe Amazon too?) — but I’m always a little leary of buying from them, and enough that I’m not sure I’d ever buy from them directly.

update: DHL shipped on Monday, should arrive later this week. Would have liked a notification, though!

Update:

I have personally checked on the status of your Internal order and it is currently processing. Order XXXX should ship by 09/17/2021.  Please take into consideration that this date is the longest it could take for your order to ship out, however, processing time may not actually take until this date. 

I'll believe it when it shows up.

26 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Update:

I'll believe it when it shows up.

For what it's worth, mine did.  But maybe I just got lucky.  Oh yeah, and I did watch a Movie while praying to the Roman god Mars, which may have also helped.  

Edited by Ron S

3 minutes ago, Ron S said:

For what it's worth, mine did.  But maybe I just got lucky.  Oh yeah, and I did watch a Movie while praying to the Roman god Mars, which may have also helped.  

Don't worry Ron if I get screwed I am not going to blame you for tugging my coat toward their low price. ;)

I inquired about getting shipping confirmation and tracking and they said "we don't do that for direct buyers but I can give it to you if you inquire about it.

WTF kind of customer service is that? Instead of automating the info, and being communicative, which might win more orders, keep the client completely in the dark until it shows up. Or maybe it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

I inquired about getting shipping confirmation and tracking and they said "we don't do that for direct buyers but I can give it to you if you inquire about it.

WTF kind of customer service is that? Instead of automating the info, and being communicative, which might win more orders, keep the client completely in the dark until it shows up. Or maybe it doesn't.

That's what I've always had to do when ordering directly from them: follow up and request shipping confirmation and tracking numbers.  And occasionally it takes more than once to get a response.  Another customer-unfriendly thing about their website is the search function--it's quite cumbersome.  So what I've learned to do is first get the UPC for anything I'm looking for, and then search their site with that.  It's not the easiest place to buy from, but I HAVE gotten some good deals from them.

38 minutes ago, romualdo said:

anyone out there with the original 2 LP set?

I'm interested to know if any of the 4 included titles (Nommo, Absolutions, Neophilia & The Beehive) had introductions included or was there no dialogue released on that twofer

There were spoken introductions on the LP set.

Back home again, and settling into my morning with discs 7 & 8 — having only heard 1-6 right before I left to move my dad (and most of that was later at night, with the stereo way down as my wife had already gone to bed).

I’m often not especially a fan of stage announcements (with plenty of exceptions) — but I’m happy to report this is one of those exceptions. Lee’s laidback style and manner is so evident, and it’s nice to hear his ‘non-showboaty’ confidence shining through as he’s talking to the audience.

May finally find some time to do more than skim the liners. I love Mosaic, but I have to say I love the semi-lavish but restrained packaging (and compactness too). I’m struggling to think of many (any?) other multi-disc sets like this, that seem to have gotten the packaging so right.

FWIW, my set arrived yesterday, two weeks after my b-day (and it was ordered seven days before, IIRC.) And MovieMars shorted me on the order, with no trace of the Hargrove/Mulgrew release. I told them to advise on whether its shipping or not in stock and to issue refund and cancel if its not going to ship immediately. Amazon's price was the same and with Prime shipping, so same deal, and I can get it from them when I want to order. 

I received my set (cd) a few weeks ago and have been slowly going through it. Disc 6, in my opinion, is the best so far, with Neophilia, Nommo, Peyote and Absolutions. This is the third and fourth sets on Saturday, July 10 and Mabern is just killing it. Outstanding. 

On 22.9.2021 at 2:00 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

..... but I have to say I love the semi-lavish but restrained packaging (and compactness too). I’m struggling to think of many (any?) other multi-disc sets like this, that seem to have gotten the packaging so right.

My thoughts exactly.

That abundance of comments and interviews is just right.