Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, these answers won't cover a good chunk of the 'mericans.

Here, its pretty much limited to medical personnel and 65 years and older. I don't qualify - obviously there are a few of us who are over 65 and eligible. I am actually curious what the prevailing systems are for Larry, Chuck et. al.

I am presently trying to get my mother situated to get the first shot at a Publix pharmacy, I was in their scheduling system for about 90 minutes this morning starting at 6 am, and never got out of the "waiting room".  Next chance Wednesday at the same time.

What's ironic is that my mother is the least enthusiastic about getting a shot/not getting a shot and its me and my sister who are trying to get her situated so she'll be protected.

I figure me and the wife are looking at Spring before we'll be able to get jabbed.

20 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

My wife & I are in group 1-B. We're registered, but haven't been called.

I'd be curious the system being used, I haven't heard of registering ahead of time.  In FL different counties have different systems and Publix is also active in many though hardly all counties. There are supposedly drive-up locations in Hillsborough but our elderly aunt/uncle have not tried, partially because she is hearing of multi-hour waits and her back couldn't handle such a thing and still climb the stairs to their apartment.

25 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

I'd be curious the system being used, I haven't heard of registering ahead of time.  In FL different counties have different systems and Publix is also active in many though hardly all counties. There are supposedly drive-up locations in Hillsborough but our elderly aunt/uncle have not tried, partially because she is hearing of multi-hour waits and her back couldn't handle such a thing and still climb the stairs to their apartment.

Here in New Mexico the Dept. Of Health has a website where you can register. You fill out a form, receive a code number, & are supposed to be called when your number comes up.

As I've said elsewhere, too many people are figuring out ways to "jump the line".

12 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Here in New Mexico the Dept. Of Health has a website where you can register. You fill out a form, receive a code number, & are supposed to be called when your number comes up.

As I've said elsewhere, too many people are figuring out ways to "jump the line".

This seems smarter than the mad scramble here to sign up for limited slots that open and close in a relative blink.

Maybe a new poll, what percentile do you expect to be in when you get the vaccine? I think I'll be lucky to be around the 50th and probably closer to the 80th, though it seems possible or even likely that we are going to see larger deliveries of vaccines even as more get vaccinated.

There is an unofficial website here that tells Canadians where they are in queue - https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-ca

Everyone I know including myself is group 3, who will likely get vaccine in Aug/Sept.  :angry:

And that was before the Pfizer blip where Canada isn't getting any vaccines at all for about two weeks while they retool production lines.  :angry::angry::angry:

Impressed so far by our efforts vaccinating the population (about time they got something right, it's a first). They need to keep the focus on it and not compromise with the second shot distribution.  I also agree broadly with the priority banding too. I think we're seeing the advantage of having a nationalised health service with supplies and resources being reorientated to fulfil geographical need.

One parent vaccinated, the other not yet despite being on the government 'vulnerable' list.  Both well over eighty. I'm sure Mum will be done soon, possibly at-home rather than at the local sports hall.

I work with older people and the feelings of relief once vaccinated are palpable and really quite moving.

Edited by mjazzg

I'm also hearing quite a lot of unrealistic expectations over here. I don't think.people are really considering what a huge logistical and resource effort it is to vaccinate an entire adult population. I'm expecting mine late Spring which is fine by me. Even if it's later, so be it.

I am eligible due to age so whenever it is offered to me I will get it.  Since it won’t change my lifestyle anytime soon I am not in a big hurry to get it though I have no qualms about the vaccine.  We’ll still be wearing masks and keeping distance from others for possibly most if not all of 2021 so whether I get the vaccine this month or June it will be the same for me.  I’ll have to see some major drops in positive testing and hospitalizations before I feel like I can return to some version of normal.

It's confusing here in NoCal, I keep hearing two age limits: +65 go first. And reports that anyone +55 can get a shot. Either way, the latest word I received from John Muir Medical is +65 and three weeks are already booked. So this 62 year old has no idea when I'm getting the call, I figure toward summer. I was hesitant, but I just read the Boris Johnson says the new strain is 30% more lethal, that's scary.

Over the last month or so, we've signed up for - per the advice of state and county officials - call/waiting lists for our county, our health care provider, and our pharmacy.

Nobody's called us back yet, although my daughter-in-law's mother has gotten called by the county and is due for shot #1 early next week.

The whole thing seems to be a disorganized clusterfuck up to this point, hoping that new leadership (from the top down) can get it all in line sooner rather than later. Until then, we are still hunkering down, and will do so until we get that second shot.

Right now, it seems like a parade that started before the route was laid out. No wonder the drum majors don't know where the hell the band is supposed to march!

Would love for option 3 to be true, but Switzerland's handling of Covid is a disgrace. So far, they're slowly starting to vaccinate +75. I'm not expecting to be in line before May or June, and that only will happen if the vaccination campaigns* gain a lot of speed.

As it is: I will get a shot (or two or four or whatever it takes until my turn comes), but I have no clue how it will work, where I can get it done, when I'll be able to get it done, if I'll be informed about any of this or will have to trawl again and again websites that look like we still have the 1990's ...

--

*) plural is right, it's organized regionally, which has been a huge part of the entire problem of the response since last June.

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Some of these idiots think the world revolves around them and that they can get a jab and then head off on holiday to Spain etc. Makes me sick !  Fortunately, most people are being patient.

The Anglo-Spanish connection is getting stretched to breaking point by Brexit plus the pandemic. A woman in my online Spanish class missed her vaccination appointment here as she wasn't allowed to fly into the UK from Spain, although a UK citizen. She'd been visiting her Anglo-Spanish family in Spain and is still there.

In my family we've done a lot better. I had my first jab on 21st December and my wife gets hers on Sunday. I'm not happy, though, about the postponement of my second jab, originally scheduled for 21 days later on 11th January, following the government's change of policy. An immunologist I heard on the radio said his colleagues in other countries were "aghast" at this step.

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine Wed. night. I spent four hours on the computer before I got an appointment. I already made an appointment at the same place for a second dose, but de Blasio wants to use the saved second doses for new first doses, so he can get re-elected next year, so my second dose is not a sure thing.

The doctors are telling de Blasio that you have to have two doses for it to be fully effective, but he doesn't care. He figures the more people he can get injected, the more votes he'll get. Science is meaningless to him.

The only side f/x I had were pain in the injected arm, which has completely gone away by now, and sleepiness that threw off my sleep pattern for a day.

Trump left nothing for Biden in regards to a vaccination plan. Good luck, everyone.

As a healthcare worker, my wife was able to be vaccinated two weeks ago before they moved on to another group.  I am signed up to be notified when I am eligible.  I turn 40 at the end of the year and have no health issues, so I have a long wait ahead of me.  Then there is my little munchkin, who turns 3 in 2 weeks.  I know that serious pediatric cases are rare, but I'll feel much better when she has been vaccinated.

15 hours ago, sgcim said:

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine Wed. night. I spent four hours on the computer before I got an appointment. I already made an appointment at the same place for a second dose, but de Blasio wants to use the saved second doses for new first doses, so he can get re-elected next year, so my second dose is not a sure thing.

The doctors are telling de Blasio that you have to have two doses for it to be fully effective, but he doesn't care. He figures the more people he can get injected, the more votes he'll get. Science is meaningless to him.

The only side f/x I had were pain in the injected arm, which has completely gone away by now, and sleepiness that threw off my sleep pattern for a day.

Trump left nothing for Biden in regards to a vaccination plan. Good luck, everyone.

Nice to see Britain is showing the way! We were the first to cancel second dose appointments contrary to the advice of the World Health Organisation, the British Medical Association and Pfizer, manufacturer of the vaccine in question. But then we have a brilliant leader!

9c25061fa9ca1917f23017cfe86c0ebc--kitche

Edited by BillF

20 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Once I'm qualified I'm definitely getting it!

If you can.

We’ve received notifications to book an appointment but can’t get one, at least not around here, NW New Jersey. My cousin told me about the Burlington vaccination center (about 90 minutes driving time from here) and after repeated tries we got one, but not until mid April.

The rollout in NJ (as with many states) is chaotic. Different centers have different ways to remember. It’s absurd. 

Edited by Brad