Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, sgcim said:

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine Wed. night. I spent four hours on the computer before I got an appointment. I already made an appointment at the same place for a second dose, but de Blasio wants to use the saved second doses for new first doses, so he can get re-elected next year, so my second dose is not a sure thing.

The doctors are telling de Blasio that you have to have two doses for it to be fully effective, but he doesn't care. He figures the more people he can get injected, the more votes he'll get. Science is meaningless to him.

The only side f/x I had were pain in the injected arm, which has completely gone away by now, and sleepiness that threw off my sleep pattern for a day.

Trump left nothing for Biden in regards to a vaccination plan. Good luck, everyone.

One shot is about 52% effective. Obviously two are best but one is better than nothing. 

DiBlasio can’t run for re-election so no votes are involved. 

Just now, mjazzg said:

My father was advised not to drive to his appointment, presumably in case he had a reaction. He got a lift from local car aid.

I think many places are making you wait 15 minutes after injections to make sure you don’t have an anaphylactic reaction. 

16 hours ago, sgcim said:

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine Wed. night. I spent four hours on the computer before I got an appointment. I already made an appointment at the same place for a second dose, but de Blasio wants to use the saved second doses for new first doses, so he can get re-elected next year, so my second dose is not a sure thing.

Trump left nothing for Biden in regards to a vaccination plan. Good luck, everyone.

This has been proven false. CNN, being stenographers if (D) follows your name, was happy to report it though.

On top of that his 100 million in 100 days is a laughable goal as we're already at more than 1 million a day right now. Must be Saviour Biden's infinitely effective Federal plan though, huh? He's going to beat that goal and everyone will cry "HOSANNA".

As far as one shot vs 2, the first shot is like 80% effective. More 1st shots into more arms will get us past this sooner. Just because its SOP to vaccinate a second time 3-4 weeks later doesn't mean one shot now and make sure of getting everybody caught up eventually is bad policy or that the effectiveness is automatically compromised.  I'd be happy to get a jab now and another one in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

One shot is about 52% effective. Obviously two are best but one is better than nothing. 

DiBlasio can’t run for re-election so no votes are involved. 

I think many places are making you wait 15 minutes after injections to make sure you don’t have an anaphylactic reaction. 

Yes, that was the case but his appointment letter emphasised not driving in addition. That being said my aunt in a different health authority area didn't have that requirement and she drove. Possibly the two different vaccines or one area's officials being more risk averse.

10 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Yes, that was the case but his appointment letter emphasised not driving in addition. That being said my aunt in a different health authority area didn't have that requirement and she drove. Possibly the two different vaccines or one area's officials being more risk averse.

I’m literally in line at the vaccination centre now and I drove. I’ll let you know if they get me to hang around after I’ve had it. 

8 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

while 30% of health care workers are refusing to get vaccinated. Meanwhile we can't get an appointment.

I find this statistic astonishing. Why on earth would a healthcare professional refuse to protect themselves and more importantly their patients?

2 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I find this statistic astonishing. Why on earth would a healthcare professional refuse to protect themselves and more importantly their patients?

UK I think is not compiling data on vaccine refusals. But one care home owner reported to the press that 50% of his staff had refused the vaccine. So this is an emerging story, I think. 

Maybe the actual medical staff know something we don’t. 

43 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

When we go (and my wife have appointments on different days), we will both go to guard against such an eventuality. 

19 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I was talking to a doctor friend this past week and he said that they have to convince many of the support staff in his office (it’s a large practice) to have the vaccination. 

That 15 minute wait thing is SOP for any vaccination (including, ideally, a standard flu shot). As Brad noted above, it's to keep you in place in case you do experience an anaphylactic reaction. Jab and Go is not a good idea. Fast food, yes, newly developed vaccine, no.

This shit ain't perfect, but it beats the alternative. If they want to hold you for 15 minutes after the shot, let them hold you for 15 minutes.  This is medicine as a developing story, not TCM, ok?

6 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

This has been proven false. CNN, being stenographers if (D) follows your name, was happy to report it though.

On top of that his 100 million in 100 days is a laughable goal as we're already at more than 1 million a day right now. Must be Saviour Biden's infinitely effective Federal plan though, huh? He's going to beat that goal and everyone will cry "HOSANNA".

As far as one shot vs 2, the first shot is like 80% effective. More 1st shots into more arms will get us past this sooner. Just because its SOP to vaccinate a second time 3-4 weeks later doesn't mean one shot now and make sure of getting everybody caught up eventually is bad policy or that the effectiveness is automatically compromised.  I'd be happy to get a jab now and another one in the summer. 

Moderna has repeatedly made the official statement that the first dose is only 52% effective.

Can we be careful about the whole "lots of healthcare staff are refusing to take it" thing, please?

If you have a replicable source for this sort of thing, please provide it.

Otherwise, "I heard that..." or "somebody told me..." is not really helpful. Proving that somebody said something is one thing, but proving that what they said is really accurate is an altogether different proposition, and is really what is important 

Thanking you all in advance for your consideration because, you know, facts still matter.

Alex Berenson's Twitter feed is a good source of alternative views about COVID, the vaccines, and so much more.  I wish he wouldn't write in such a jokey style, but he's pointing out many important things.  It can be found at https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

If you have a replicable source for this sort of thing, please provide it.

Anecdotal but interesting: https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1350219637909311492?s=20

1 hour ago, mjzee said:

Alex Berenson's Twitter feed is a good source of alternative views about COVID, the vaccines, and so much more.  I wish he wouldn't write in such a jokey style, but he's pointing out many important things.  It can be found at https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson

Anecdotal but interesting: https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1350219637909311492?s=20

I looked at some of his tweets. Not sure what to make of him. 

1 minute ago, David Ayers said:

OK so I had the AZ vaccine yesterday and 12 hours later I’m burning up like I’ve got flu. Super. 

Are you reporting this back to your health authority?

AZ not yet in use here...what kind of trial/testing did it go through?

Maybe it IS the flu? 

Just what we need...