Covid vaccination: poll

Covid vaccination: survey  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/28/2021 at 4:44 PM, sgcim said:

Last night, my temperature zipped up to 100, and I couldn't get to sleep, so I read Charles Williams till 7:30am , usually a good author to induce sleep, due to long involved sentences, and obscure religious /occult references.

I woke up today feeling a bit out of it, but my temperature went back down to 98.4, though it usually rises at night. Sperm count remains the same, and am filling out the applications for the sex slavery ring in my area. I hope those women don't abuse my fertility...:g

Update: Temperature went down to 98.7, and was able to fall asleep normally. Very little arm pain.

My wife and I are fine waiting until supplies are plentiful in 6 or 10 weeks (hopefully) but I am concerned now about getting my Mom situated as I just read that Florida says 50% of seniors are vaccinated, but they are also opening up for police/firemen/teachers.  It's not like they are going to keep going on the elderly until exhausted. So the same high demand is going to be pouring into sign-up sites just from different segments of the population and it will probably be just as hard to get her scheduled as before her fall/hospitalization/rehab visit. She may end up getting vaccinated about the same time we do - when most of the people who want it have gotten it and you're down to the hardcore of anti-vaccers.

wife and I got slots for around noon today for the Moderna so will keep updating.  we are both 65 but hadn't been trying to schedule very aggressively.  wife signed up with one of the local health networks and they sent an email so we got in.  Lots of slots when we signed up bit they were all gone within and half hour.   

Just saw this thread.  As a health care worker  I was able to get my first dose of Pfizer back in December.  Got the second dose in the second week of January.  In the health system for which I work, 29% of the workers have refused the vaccine.

I had next to no symptoms.  Some soreness of my arm for a few hours that was less than the soreness I experience from the flu shot.  After the second dose - I experienced some fatigue 2-3 days out.  No issues of any type in the nearly two months since dose two.

Edited by Lyin' Wolf

Second Pfizer dose this morning.  We understand that Michigan Meijer stores are vaccinating those over 50 years old, so hopefully my wife can get an appointment there soon.  Berrian County says just prove home ownership in Michigan by providing utility or tax receipts.

Got Pfizer #2 yesterday afternoon, not quite 24 hours ago. No side effects yet, fingers crossed there won't be any. My son and his wife both had their side effects about 24 hours post-shot. They said they felt like shit for "the day" and then it was gone.

16 hours ago, jazztrain said:

Had Pfizer #1 a week ago at Fenway Park.  It was well organized there.  Unfortunately, it took 7.5 hours about a week and half before that to find a slot on line!

Had a sore arm, some headaches, and fatigue.

My wife had similar symptoms yesterday, she got the first  moderna shot on Friday. We’ll see how she feels today. 

Got the first shot (Moderna) on 2/8, had only the mildest sore arm for the rest of that day and maybe some of the next. Getting dose 2 on Tuesday. A bit nervous because of the worst-case scenarios I've heard of, but administered a dose of bravery by the not-terrible stories contained on this thread. I'm very grateful for them.

Finally got my first vaccine shot on Friday.  Since January on daily basis I went to 6 websites.  Walgreens, CVS, Jewel-Osco, Mariano’s, City of Chicago and Cook County.  Same result every time.  A local  State Senator and State Rep heard the same complaints from constituents over and over again and decided to do a Covid vaccine event.  Bless them.  Civics lesson:  state legislators control a lot of pursestrings. 

1 hour ago, rpklich said:

Finally got my first vaccine shot on Friday.  Since January on daily basis I went to 6 websites.  Walgreens, CVS, Jewel-Osco, Mariano’s, City of Chicago and Cook County.  Same result every time.  A local  State Senator and State Rep heard the same complaints from constituents over and over again and decided to do a Covid vaccine event.  Bless them.  Civics lesson:  state legislators control a lot of pursestrings. 

FWIW the second Pfizer shot goes into your deltoid a fair bit deeper than the first one. Different longer needle. No difference otherwise, at least not for me. Some swelling on day two.