News of the Day

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter's board has agreed to sell the company to Elon Musk.

This is a "definitive agreement," so I guess that means that it is now too late for another bidder to come along.  Will Musk reinstate the banned accounts?

The other day, Twitter shares closed only 18 cents above their 2013 IPO price.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/04/25/breaking-elon-musk-buys-twitter-n2606302

8 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Late last week the CFOs of both Pfizer and Moderna resigned.

That site looks somewhat suspicious to me (to put it charitably), and I would be careful of its framing of supposed news stories.

Most likely a coincidence, which is being exploited for a false narrative, imho.

Edited by JSngry
Removing link to a site with multiple racist articles

6 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Most likely a coincidence, which is being exploited for a false narrative, imho.

Rooster, I saw a comment the other day which you might enjoy.  It said...

Nowadays you have only two options.  You can either be a conspiracy theorist, or you can be a coincidence theorist.

6 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

That site looks somewhat suspicious to me (to put it charitably), and I would be careful of its framing of supposed news stories.

Yeah, looking that site over, it's full of anti-Jewish and other racist crap. I am removing the link so that there will be no more direction to a site such as this from the Orgnissimo board.

24 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, looking that site over, it's full of anti-Jewish and other racist crap. I am removing the link so that there will be no more direction to a site such as this from the Orgnissimo board.

My apologies.  I didn't look beyond the article mentioned.  The site was from bing.  I thought they avoided that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple has announced the discontinuation of its last iPod, the Touch.

https://www.engadget.com/apple-discontinues-ipod-touch-161433001.html

Open the Books estimated yesterday that pharmaceutical companies and other third parties secretly paid the two leaders of the NIH, Francis Collins and Anthony Fauci, and others $350 million between 2010 and 2020.  The NIH's database is "highly redacted."

Edited by JSngry
Deleting overtly political link

According to Wiki: "The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement." You really should check your sources before you post this bullshit. Remember your post from a racist source two weeks ago? Better yet, why not avoid sharing political material altogether.

Edited by sonnymax

1 hour ago, sonnymax said:

According to Wiki: "The Epoch Times is a far-right international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement." You really should check your sources before you post this bullshit. Remember your post from a racist source two weeks ago? Better yet, why not avoid sharing political material altogether.

Exactly.  To give everyone a sense of The Epoch Times' credibility, they claim that Bill Gates is using vaccines to chip people and convert us into automatons who will do his bidding.  So when they attack the NIH, Fauci, and others, we shouldn't be surprised -- because they are bat-shit crazy and they definitely have an agenda.

So it is irresponsible to quote this source, here or elsewhere.  It's a geyser of misinformation, and their reporting has no correlation with reality whatsoever.

Edited by HutchFan

Sigh....

Yes, Epoch Times is indeed tied to a religious-political movement and in no way can be considered reliable news.

Just because they're vehemently opposed to the Communist regime in China (good for them) and are being persecuted by them (China...)doesn't mean that everything they say will therefore be true. They do have an agenda, and nothing is too "fringe" for them in the pursuit thereof.

I'll allow the quote but not the link. Links are traceable in all kinds of ways, and I don't think the ownership of this board was this site to be linked to that one.

Please, try to be aware which sources are proven responsible/reliable and aren't just some wacko fringe shit. I get that there's a lot of "diversity of opinion" about what that entails, but try to do a little homework before posting here, ok?

And yes, please, if anybody is looking for "News of the Day" to be an ongoing backdoor to/for political topics, forget it. We all know the rules about that.

I do hate to hear about the discontinuation of the iPod, though. The only Apple product I ever liked, nay, loved.

5 hours ago, sonnymax said:

Absolutely.

As they used to say (maybe still do?) on Usenet, Plonk.

Here's info from Wiki on two of the OP's other sources:

“The Daily Caller is a right-wing news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by now-Fox News host Tucker Carlson and political pundit Neil Patel in 2010…The website publishes articles that dispute the scientific consensus on climate change…Scott Greer was deputy editor at The Daily Caller. After his departure in June 2018, it was revealed that he published articles espousing white nationalist, racist anti-black and antisemitic views under a pseudonym in white supremacist publications.”

Townhall is an American politically conservative website, print magazine and radio news service. Previously published by The Heritage Foundation…In November 2021, a study by the Center for Countering Digital Hate described Townhall as being among "ten fringe publishers" that together were responsible for nearly 70 percent of Facebook user interactions with content that denied climate change.”

GA Russell: It appears you get much of your news from racist, right-wing organizations that spread disinformation. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinions based on whatever sources you choose. Unless your mission is to encourage the spread of lies, please check your sources and again, save your political/social views for another platform.